Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images

FS: Bridge "Junior" just like dad's

I am offering a DIY bridge that is great for your growing hanger. This 1.1 ripstop hammock is designed to house a child (or petite woman) up to 5 feet tall. It has a pad sleeve, amsteel suspension, and ring buckles on tree huggers just like dad's. I used Speer's 1.1 ripstop DWR in gray, and some 1/2" muletape (1000# rating) for the sides. The pad sleeve is large enough to house a 22 wide x54" long pad, perfect for small shoulders. But, the hammock spreader bars are a nice, fat 28.5" wide, so your little one can rest easy.

* I made the pad sleeve shorter than the actual hammock, since you are using a pillow and/or hat. It will come up over most user's shoulders.
    * The overall sleeping length is 63" (5'3")
    * the spreader bars are 28.5" wide, (2pc.) .625 or 5/8" each diameter
    * the "pockets" at head and foot are 13" deep. Not too deep, easy to see out of but without being too "tippy"
    * I layed in this hammock for 10 minutes @ 140lbs and found that although it will stretch a bit more than 1.9 ripstop, there were no stresses or worry on the fabric or the stitching. (see photo of stitching)
    * the tree huggers are 3.5' long.
    * the end caps are made from silnylon for added wind/water protection.
    * this is a DIY hammock. The quality is the best I could do, which I think is pretty dang nice. It does have some slight imperfections, only perceptible if you are really looking (like some very faint sharpie marks about 1" long, a little dust here and there)
    * I think it will easily support a 120# kid, up to 5 feet tall comfortably, but keep in mind you have to understand you can have no rough abuse, no sharp objects, and shoes are not welcome. Treat this hammock with respect like you would treat any ultralight item and you will get years of use.
    * you can see how to use trekking poles as spreader bars. Just 2 ti stakes is all you need. Otherwise, the poles for both ends are included.

Im going to ask $85 shipped. PayPal is king. Stuff sack if you need one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by te-wa; 01-12-2009 at 17:28.
    new site! new gear! www.tewaunderquilts.com
    follow me on facebook!

Marble Canyon, AZ Near the N rim of the Grand Canyon
    Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Funky Forest 8'6"
    Insulation
    Thermarest/REI 20*
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Too bad I'm 5'6"......short but not short enough : P Very nice looking hammock though. I'm sure somebody's kid is going to be the envy of a whole scout troop with that.

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    i have realized this hammock is completely flat. Flatter than my bridge. that makes me want to build another to fit me. Im 5'6" as well, and its just a foot or so too short. FWIW, some other companies offer 1.1 ripstop and claim it will hold 200# or more. Im going to make a larger bridge for myself after the sample from RockyWoods check out (the 1oz woodland camo )

anyway, nobody wants this? not even for a lower price, say $75?
    new site! new gear! www.tewaunderquilts.com
    follow me on facebook!