Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Besides crappy communication and the UQ being incomplete it was good quality. I just had to finish it myself.

It's a business, that you pay good money to for products. There's no excuse for crummy customer service multiple times, involving multiple people. It's piss poor business ethics.

I bought another quilt from underground quilts. I sent emails and received responses within a couple hours. That's the kind of people I'm gonna do business with.

Whoever the guy is that said you don't care if you ever hear from them, that's just ridiculous. Sometimes you need to make changes, or ask a question, maybe add an item to the order.

Get it together Hammock Gear! I don't know anyone, personally, that would do business with such lack of customer service. Only the fan boys here, I guess.

Hope you get it worked out, the quilt is nice now that I've finished it up.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    @xcrazydx: I understand your frustration as you were one of the "bumps" I referred to in my earlier post. But as you say, there is a fan base and it's there because of a long record of quality products and great service. That said, we are all subject to the imperfect world in which we live.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7dbl,Dangerbird 65
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    UGQ,JRB,MM
    Suspension
    WB, Whoopie Slings
    They make custom high quality gear in the U.S. They seem to communicate via email or phone with most of their customers for each order. And they are one of the few pioneer companies for hammock related equipment.

Obviously there is going to be ordering delays and delays in communicating with them.

I'd suggest that if anyone doesn't like that, then go ahead and order something from North Face or MEC or REI or some other outdoor retailer that do not do custom work, that don't care a whole lot about customer satisfaction, and whose gear is all made in 3rd world countries by a bunch of kids.

Rant over.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Without people like Jenny and Adam we would not be seeing some of the creative designs and use of materials that we enjoy today. It would be the same old stuff that has been made up till now. It's not a perfect world and sometimes things get a little out of control. Ordering, constructing, billing, shipping, etc. It all seems overwhelming to me. So when things get crazy, something has to give. In the end you get what you ordered and it is of high quality and creative construction. At some point things may calm down a bit and they will have time to respond. If not, they may burn out and we will loose a great place to buy gear. It happened years ago by a cottage manufacturer called Wanderlust. I think the guy was just overloaded. I for one hope this never happens. If you don't like it feel free to shop at the big stores where you can call customer service and complain all you want, not that anyone really cares. If not, be patient and deal with it the way it is. ps: I like the Black Friday sale
    Last edited by Oms; 01-26-2013 at 08:30. Reason: forgot something else to say

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I was hoping that this thread would not devolve into this.
    A cottage manufacturer, and/or any other human should be reasonably expected to return a phone call/email within a week or at least a month.That is NOT asking too much. That is my point here. In every other way, I am totally satisfied with Hammock Gear. They mitigated the problems in other ways, but just never communicated with me in any real way.

If it is true that none of the messages through their website made it to them, then THAT EXPLAINS A LOT. I never received a reply there and I sent half of my messages there. If they would have explained that the messaging system is broken, then that might save a lot of confusion and frustration.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    I was hoping that this thread would not devolve into this.
    A cottage manufacturer, and/or any other human should be reasonably expected to return a phone call/email within a week or at least a month.That is NOT asking too much. That is my point here. In every other way, I am totally satisfied with Hammock Gear. They mitigated the problems in other ways, but just never communicated with me in any real way.

If it is true that none of the messages through their website made it to them, then THAT EXPLAINS A LOT. I never received a reply there and I sent half of my messages there. If they would have explained that the messaging system is broken, then that might save a lot of confusion and frustration.

You brought the posting up,,and most of us are mearly implying, things can happen sometimes. What do you expect? Everybody to agree with you? Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Sorry you had a bad experience. It doesn't happen very often and just needs to be worked out by both parties no matter how long it takes. And this is a open forum. When someone voices their opinions, good or bad,,there are always comments good and bad in reference to what is posted. Its just the way the forum works and I, even, have made postings that have brought up comments that amazed me sometimes. When I think about it more, I always have learned something from postings that were detrimental to mine.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Maple, I can see that I maybe I did not clarify. I did not want this to devolve into a post where it was negative. I simply stated my experience and wanted to know how to improve this experience. Now I have the feeling that folks think that I am an a$$ for having a problem with my experience. That is the feeling that I get, anyway. I am not trying to cause any trouble and I do not feel like I crossed the line. I am just stating both the good and bad of my experience. People are more than welcome to make up their own mind.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I still have love for HG and everybody else here.
    Don't shun me!!!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    I still have love for HG and everybody else here.
    Don't shun me!!!
    No never! We all are family here!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I just re-read this and realized my botany Freudian slip. Acer=Maple...I don't know how that happened.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast