WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    This happens and it is crappy when you become the odd one is happens to. A similar problem arose with my last order at HG but I tried to remember the time of year, the amount of work and pressure the vendor was under and the fact that patience (especially for small things) can be a great thing. We are lucky we can spend this money. Luckier still someone will take the time to make it exactly as we ask. Perfect experiences would be fantastic but so not reality. Bumps happen but in the end we all get to swing in cozy downy comfort and goodness and the world seems more right!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    On the other side of the coin. I deal with thousands,,,thousands of exhibitors every year as my customers. As this world and country change,,so does the clientel. No matter what I or my people do to make our customers happy, the world is changing and so are the customers attitudes. They are all becoming more demanding. They are all becoming more self centered. It has become very hard today, to make the customer happy and satisfied. It IS becoming harder everyday in my world of thousands of different exhibitors, in all the different shows I produce and supply their special needs, to do, without me blowing my gasket and going off on somebody, especially the people that work for me and around me as they are the ones that take my venting sometimes moreso than the customer. Now I am on the "other side of the fence" in this posting. NOT the customer, but the SUPPLYER of a goods or service to a customer. My stress levels increase each and every day right now till mid April as its the busiest time of my yearly schedule. The world is changing and so are people's attitudes. And I keep telling myself,,stop, take 3 deep breaths, and think about backpacking in the mountains to calm myself. It really pays in life, to be the little person like our cottage makers. They get to experience attempting to make everybody happy as they produce each and every piece of gear they specialize in living every day the same way. They can and do, feel unbeiveable pain, if they felt they have done something wrong or didn't make things right. There is so much pride in their lives of everything they attempt to do for us. And that pride can be hurt very easily, by us, the customer. (Back on the other side of the fence). Just think about that when we vent about some little thing that sets us the customer, off and try and put yourself in their place trying to do everything by themselves, without much if any help from the outside world. Why, does everybody like this forum the way it is??? Its because of a few simple rules that its run by, and the moderators that keep it family orientated and clean. Its because we all count on each others lessons of learning and experimentation, and the gear that comes from the experimentation and created by our cottage people and other members that are DYI'ing and coming up constantly with new ideas. This forum was founded on helping each other share everything you see posted and out of it, sprang a cottage industry that supplies our needs. Protect that. You will not find it anywhere else on the World Wide Web.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    This seems like a great place to end this thread. halfastronomical has explained his experience and we've all listened to it respectfully. Hammock Gear can take that input and apply it to their business, or not, at their choosing.

But since there's not much else for this thread to accomplish other than the above, continuing to hash out 'best business practices' isn't really the best use of the forum.

Thanks for keeping it respectful.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456