HAMMOCK GEAR regulars and friends, please read this objectively, as it is a true representation of my experience with Hammock Gear. It is not a slam, it is an honest account of my dealings with them. I am even leaving out the "dramatic" parts. Just facts

My $800+ HG Order experience:

Out of my 30 or so emails in now over 2 months, I have been replied to maybe 3 times. Out of 2 phone calls, I had no answers, and I was promised several calls that never came... I posted 1 complaint on HF and I got an IMMEDIATE reply from Thorwren. After I sent private messages, AGAIN, I got no reply. That leads me to believe that the best way to get their attention is posting in HF. If they would address this privately, I would not be posting this here.

A lot of my questions were really important and had to do with different fabrics being used. The problem is: I got my order before they even replied to me, and NEVER did they even acknowledge or answer the questions that I had about my fabric choice.

In the end, I was trying to help them with the communication problems and I tried to see what I could do to ease the communication issue and tell them that I forgive them, but none of those emails or messages were answered either.

If I were them I would fix it before they start losing customers, as I am seeing that I am not the only one with a bad experience lately.

TO THEIR CREDIT:

They sent me TWO DOWN PILLOWS for free, because I had so much trouble....which I thanked them for and told them that I forgive them, etc....still no reply from the 5 or so emails that I sent after that.

Then they gave me a 20% discount, which was really cool! I thanked them for that and have still heard nothing.

They shipped my order faster than most people have reported.

Their gear is REALLY WELL MADE and WARM!

MY POINT: Adam and Jenny have a resolvable problem, that is not being resolved. They seem like great guys and their gear is outstanding quality. I just fear that their rep may be tarnished by the unprecedented sales that they had and their slow to non-existing communication as of late. I am not trying to slam them at all, and i may even order from them again.

I just do not want them to forget the reason that a lot of people use cottage vendors...they are accessible and knowledgeable, along with making top notch gear. IT IS NOT ONLY THE GEAR.

I hope that their loyal defenders do not hate me too bad for posting this, but I assure you that it is all true and you can ask them if you want. I told them I would be posting this, and they said that they did not blame me. I REALLY hope that this leads to helping with the communication problem, and I am sorry that I have to be negative in such a positive forum.