Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Insulation
    Self-inflating pad
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    Hcdc11 was dead on. We had a few people slamming the welcome forum just to hit 50... we were forced to tighten it down to curb abuse.
    I did this when I was about 10 away, but i always tried to give more advice than 'welcome to HF'. When i realized it wasn't increasing my count, i moved to the DIY forum and looked for posts in could contribute to. It only took an extra day or two, but I did find a lot of posts I wanted to save for later so i guess it was for the best.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedice View Post
    I did this when I was about 10 away, but i always tried to give more advice than 'welcome to HF'. When i realized it wasn't increasing my count, i moved to the DIY forum and looked for posts in could contribute to. It only took an extra day or two, but I did find a lot of posts I wanted to save for later so i guess it was for the best.
    Just hit "Today's Posts". All kinds of stuff. Especially for paying members. Answer a question, ask one, thank the nice folks who write trip reports we drool over and 50 is easy! ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Tarp
    light weight dd
    I had it in my head that posting to get to 50 was a good thing till I read my post.. I was posting tosh, I will get there but it has sofar taken me years LOL
    in the UK looking for trees about 14foot apart

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    lol, just did the math, I'm averaging 1k posts/yr at this point...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    lol, just did the math, I'm averaging 1k posts/yr at this point...
    I'm just behind you.....RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti
    I rather be spending time hiking, yet I have a backpack to sell. No rush there, yet I am more of a reader than writer...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    BW webbing
    I find my self in the same boat, have very few posts but have a few hammock items I would like to sell.
    I have been on the forum for a few years, and have over 60pm's but my interest in hammocks is quite difrent than most hear so don't have much input. I don't have time to do the DIY and I could care less what most of my gear weight is. I camp off my motorcycle, just don't like sleeping on the ground. My tarp is large enough to cover my hammock and my bike. Most of the group haing threads are hike in gatherings don't think they would see the humor in me showing up on my dirt bike, so I don't join in those deductions.
    I guess I also have the skill to use the search function and most of the questions I have can be answered that way other than starting the same threads over and over.
    Maybe I will start some over weight gear, taking to much stuff, dirt bike hammock threads just so I can get my post count up.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hairsmith View Post
    I camp off my motorcycle, just don't like sleeping on the ground. My tarp is large enough to cover my hammock and my bike. Most of the group haing threads are hike in gatherings don't think they would see the humor in me showing up on my dirt bike, so I don't join in those deductions.
    We attended a group hang in Colorado last October that was at Burning Bear Campground. Our 2nd Annual Black Hills Hang (in August) will be at Sheridan Lake Campground again--no hike-in required! Don't let that stop you from attending a group hang. We'd love to meet you!
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hairsmith View Post
    I find my self in the same boat, have very few posts but have a few hammock items I would like to sell.
    I have been on the forum for a few years, and have over 60pm's but my interest in hammocks is quite difrent than most hear so don't have much input. I don't have time to do the DIY and I could care less what most of my gear weight is. I camp off my motorcycle, just don't like sleeping on the ground. My tarp is large enough to cover my hammock and my bike. Most of the group haing threads are hike in gatherings don't think they would see the humor in me showing up on my dirt bike, so I don't join in those deductions.
    I guess I also have the skill to use the search function and most of the questions I have can be answered that way other than starting the same threads over and over.
    Maybe I will start some over weight gear, taking to much stuff, dirt bike hammock threads just so I can get my post count up.
    Maybe post a Trip Report....answer all comments on it and that is a good way to get your post count up as well as folks on here getting to know a bit about you.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    BW webbing
    Thanks for the kind input!
    Guess I need to do a ride report over here tend to post that kind of thing on a bike forum. This forum is just so hiker heavy not sure there would be any interest.
    Shug... Your vids have answered many of my questions about hammock camping. I fact a friend started asking about the hammock's recently, and I sent him some links to this forum and your vids. Last week he received his brand new WBRR and I got a email at 3:30 this morning that he was still in it doing his test haing. Nothing like your below 0 haings, but for a first ever night hanging in mid 30’s temps I was impressed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast