Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which UQ?

Which UQ?

I'm considering the JRB Nest or the No Sniveller and was wondering what some opinions were. JRB's site shows the No Sniveller can be used as an UQ. Does anyone use it for that? Thanks, Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Big Suave View Post
    I'm considering the JRB Nest or the No Sniveller and was wondering what some opinions were. JRB's site shows the No Sniveller can be used as an UQ. Does anyone use it for that? Thanks, Preston
    A No Sniveler can certainly be used as an UQ. If you have a Hennessy Hammock, I'd reccomend the Nest for your UQ, that velcro helps eliminate CBS (Cold Butt Syndrome). The 3-Season set, Nest/No Sniveler, is hard to beat. You do need the JRB Hood IMO, to take the set down to it's lowest possible temp.

Woops

I guess I should have mentioned I've got a Warbonnet Blackbird on the way.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Then you have no need for the Nest. It was made specifically to fit the HH line of hammocks; accommodating the bottom entry slit. The No Sniveler is a quality piece of gear and will serve you well. If you use it in poncho mode people will laugh, but only because they wish they looked as silly...and warm.
    Trust nobody!

Thanks, one more question. There's several different available options for the No Sniveller. Other than the over stuff option I'm not really sure I understand what they mean exactly or if I'll need them. Thanks for your patience with this newbie!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Like length? I can't think of anything else other than maybe the suspension if you're using as a UQ. If you're using as a topquilt and you're 6'+, get the long version. Overstuffed is probably nice, but I personally don't think it's necessary. If you're going to use as an underquilt, you'll need the suspension. Also, they have a mod that is supposed to help with CBS (cold butt syndrome); I don't have any experience with it, but it looks like a good mod to have.

Ask away, I'll try to help.
    Trust nobody!

I'm an idiot!!! I just realized their "available options" page is not exclusive to the product you're looking at, but applies to everything. This is the same guy that's planning a thru-hike starting in March!!! May God have mercy on my soul!hahahaha

I guess that's that. I'm ordering a No Sniveller. The only other main piece of gear left is a top quilt or sleeping bag. Any lightweight, warm suggestions that don't brake the bank?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    LOL! It gets worse before it gets better!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I use JRB quilts for topquilts, so that would have been my recommendation. There are a few other down quilts out there, but none of them are exactly cheap. You could go with a synthetic and save a couple hundred bucks, but you have to carry it. DIY might be an option if you have the time.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast