ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Chinook Tech. 9x12
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    DIY Slap-Straps

3-4 hammock group shelter- HELP ideas/pics

Hey y'all- I usually camp with a few other buddies who also love their hammocks and we prefer a group shelter for many reasons:
    Warmth, social, shared gear etc..
    We always take the tarps and plenty of rope and use a triangle or square of trees for the support- but does anyone have a great way to set the tarps up?

I was hoping you could share your group shelter ideas and pics with me- we are going to a weekend music festival next Friday-Sunday and would like to have an impressive and luxurious setup

Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by thekevinator; 01-26-2013 at 14:45.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    4 turtle dog stands set up in a square... Would leave much room for a fire but if there was three you could open it up and have it be a flattened half circle... Other than turtle dogs I don't know about temporary... If we were talking permanent I ha e a lot more ideas..
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    i believe someone was talking about something similar awhile back so its not really my idea
    but what about having a central post that has a decent base and then have tripods on the sides from that for the hammocks to hang from

x
    |
    x---o---x
    |
    x

something like that so you reduce the actual hardware you carry

-EDIT-
    apparently the formatting/spacing goes away when i post it but hopefully you can imagine what its suppose to look like?
    Last edited by BlackHand; 01-26-2013 at 14:16. Reason: formatting

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thekevinator View Post
    Hey y'all- I usually camp with a few other buddies who also love their hammocks and we prefer a group shelter for many reasons:
    We always take the tarps and plenty of rope and use a triangle or square of trees for the support- but does anyone have a great way to set the tarps up?

I was hoping you could share your group shelter ideas and pics with me- we are going to a weekend music festival next Friday-Sunday and would like to have an impressive and luxurious setup

Thanks in advance!!!
    If you could arrange your hammocks in a triangle or square you could hang all of your tarps in porch mode facing to the interior. Beyond that, your best bets would be to use a parachute like was done on the Minnesota Frozen Butt Hang for your group area and then all hang your hammocks separately as finding that perfect triangle of square hanging trees in not always possible.

A Boy Scout troop on the East Coast of Canada made a geodesic dome with chain link fencing rails designed to hang 10 hammocks from the frame. There was a big thread on it when it was deployed on the field. This is certainly not the cheap or lightweight way of getting the job done either.

Cheers

Brian
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thekevinator View Post

Thanks in advance!!!
    If you look through the pictures for the 3rd Annual Florida Hang take a look at Old4Hats setup using two turtledog stands and a gazebo shade. Timberrr and I are considering doing something along those lines for when we car camp with our tenting friends so they can see just how nice a hammock setup can be.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

• + New Posts