The other day I picked up a another sewing machine and it just sews so smooth I couldn't wait to make a few things I had been thinking about and had material for.
I decided to sew up a Climashield UQ as I had purchased some 1.1 from DIY Supply some time back. I used 1.9 in black for the channels and sewed them to the grey inner layer first. I know everyone does it all at once but two seasoned quilters at Joann's suggested for the first time to do it in small stages (since both had been doing this before I was born I took their suggestions). I then attached the green outer layer that has a 4" differential to the inner layer and channels. I put two darts on each end to take care of the differential. The bottome end is partially sewn, leaving about a 22" opening to do the inside out switch. As soon as my climashield arrive I can just sew it to my shell and be done. I also sewed and innner stitch the will leave me a nice finished seam when the flip is made. Take a look at my pics and give me your opinions. Thanks to Eric, Paul and Norman for the posts you have done that made this easier for me.