Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web

REV's Frozen Butt Hang

Yes, it was frozen, I was sick as a dog and I had a great time. Shower, then more to come..
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    eno double nest, 12'r, 90x132"r
    Tarp
    kelty noah 12 :D
    Insulation
    DIY down and VB
    Suspension
    cinch/whoopie
    yes i played with fire...
    Glory to the Fallen, Honor to the Lost. Faith to the Missing. Carry on Forever.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    gladius you dang near blew us up with your molotov cocktail of lamp oil/wine bottle/Denat combo....

my tale starts....thursday....

that day at work all i could think about was getting to camp, and whether i should leave right after work at 1 am or get SOME sleep...but wait, why am i coughing and have a scratchy throat? better not be....

anyway, I get home and i feel like ive been run over. i get sick once a year and its setting in hard. pack the truck and come back inside, get a shower (last one for a few days...) and sleep for an hour and a half. blarg.

FRIDAY: up at 6am, out the door at 630 with a stop at Harris teeter for dayquil and chicken noodle soup. on road...stay awake.....

Get to camp, setup my gear and just as i was about to lay down and say NIGHT NIGHT, Cowboy pulls up with Max in tow. After that, people showing up was a blur.

after a while i needed food and several of us went for some good ole racist bbq.

At some point in the night gladius went brought back a cute girl to prove he really had a girlfriend. poor thing "dressed for cold" with slippers and no socks...

we had some freezing rain that night, actually had ice on my lines and tarp! a handful of us wasnt up for campside cooking and went to a nearby place for steaks. i just wasnt feeling very....functional... as most attendees will tell you i looked like death. by the end of camp, a few of us smelled like death too...

saturday had more bigot bbq and i felt a little better in the afternoon, but i almost packed it in that night. checked out some hammocks and heard about how Junebug needed to be rescued with quilts. happens.

apparently at some point spontaneous cooking broke out and suddenly there were 2 DO's full of bubbling stuff (one much better looking than the other....Sorry Cap) and when Gresh finally got back, a third DO was in play. Gladius had seen a sign earlier that offered a truck load of firewood cheap, so we had 2 loads delivered up! (the first nights fire was a little skimpy...) we ended up with a HUGE roaring fire, white hot! we had a quick fireball contest with IMUSA cups full of Lamp oil, Denat and Coleman fuel. gladius then tried to make a bomb....

anywho, it was fun. yall who didnt come missed out on some good people and fun times.
    Last edited by default; 01-27-2013 at 17:06.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Gresh's Log, Hangdate 01/25/2013:

Arrive at camp at around 1000hrs and set up the big ol' shelter and two superfluous picnic tables for Patient Zero (A.K.A. REV) to set up his multitude of stoves and kitchen-y things on. For the record, both the Mini Tattoo Stove and TATO's new felt burner are now on my must-have list. Left to to work that afternoon and pick up my cousin (who is henceforth named "Chops") and stopped across the park for some hate-basted pork goodness before heading in to set up shop for the night. The Swamp Sling was found to be more than adequate - nay - good for my sleeping needs, and had I the forethought to take a picture, I'd have done so. Needless to say, I was in a gravity-defying heaven that night after our meagerish fire (despite my feeding the better part of a tree to the Fire Gods). A good first night for me and Chops.

Saturday started with Chops, my visiting younger brother (Greshman here on the forums), and myself enjoying a delicious breakfast of Bacon (only one of at least for packs of bacon being cooked, not including the cans of bacon Spam) and eggs. Younger brother left, which meant it was time for Me, Chops, Aaahgladius, and BajaHanger to hit the sporting good shops. Things were purchased, and a good time was had by all. We got back, and then this happened:
    and when Gresh finally got back, a third DO was in play. Gladius had seen a sign earlier that offered a truck load of firewood cheap, so we had 2 loads delivered up! (the first nights fire was a little skimpy...) we ended up with a HUGE roaring fire, white hot! we had a quick fireball contest with IMUSA cups full of Lamp oil, Denat and Coleman fuel. gladius then tried to make a bomb....
    Then, after burning up two truckloads of firewood in a single night, bed was had, and all was good.

Then we came home, and that part sucked.

In the end, thanks to REV for putting it on. Also thanks to everybody who made this relative newbie's hang a blast, including those who came from as far out of town as Tennessee (looking at you, Medicine_Man), Georgia, and those who spent Saturday night with me geeking out over Magic: The Gathering, World of Warcraft, comic books, and how awesome it can be to deliver pizzas. I can't wait to see the pictures and video(s) for this.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    that is the best thing ive ever read...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    that is the best thing ive ever read...
    Now THIS is the best thing you've ever read:

"I think I choose REV."
    "You can't have me, pick again."
    "Two REV's."
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Now THIS is the best thing you've ever read:

"I think I choose REV."
    "You can't have me, pick again."
    "Two REV's."
    Bwahahahahahaha!!!! That WAS funny!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Whooooooo buddy that was a blazing good hang. Thanks to everyone who made so.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    It was a mighty fine hang for sure. It was great to hang out with all the wonderful folks, tell lies, make fire, eat good food, shop for gear, eat great bbq, show off gear, talk gear, see gear, and by the way did I tell you all about the great gear?
    I loved hanging out with all you amazing folks. It was a triple thumbs up hang. Rev, thanks for making it happen.
    Last edited by Cali; 01-28-2013 at 13:47.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Custom 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY quilt/pads
    Suspension
    Straps/ Dutch
    Just wanted to thank everyone for making Lil' Red Bird and myself feel so welcome at the Sesqui hang!! We had a great time and enjoyed some great food and good times around the campfire. A special thank-you to Baja Hanger for helping us noobs to hang our tarp in a different way to accomodate both of us under the same tarp . We owe ya' one gal. Also, a shout out to Medicine Man and Poof for all the insights to what experienced hangers do on a regular basis. Your info is priceless!! (Hope you can use the green fishbone tie out sometime) Thanks to Gladius for not burning down the campfire/cooking area- As we say back home, "That boy ain't right!" And to Gresh, Capt. Smiley, Cowboy, all the others, and of course Rev for letting us hang with ya'. Hope to see y'all at another hang!! I'm sure pics will be posted soon and I have some I may post later. Thanks again to all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast