WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Guys, nobody is making a profit from HF. All funds go directly to operating costs, or are saved for future costs. All the admins and mods are strictly volunteers.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Guys, nobody is making a profit from HF. All funds go directly to operating costs, or are saved for future costs. All the admins and mods are strictly volunteers.
    Ads or no, nonprofit or mad bank roll I don't care. This is the best place on the net. Thanks to all the mods and users for making hammock forums safe and friendly.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    Ads or no, nonprofit or mad bank roll I don't care. This is the best place on the net. Thanks to all the mods and users for making hammock forums safe and friendly.
    +1... well put!

Hammock
    comfortable
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    The easiest way is to follow the directions here.

BTW, I merged your second thread with this one, given that they are about exactly the same thing.
    Thank you for both.
    "Live like you will die tomorrow, but learn like you will live forever." Gandhi

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WBSF, WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Yeti, Mamba
    Suspension
    W.Slings, Adj.Web
    Well look at that, there's an ad up there. I honestly never noticed...

May be time to get the eyes checked again.
    Insanity Happens...

Hammock
    comfortable
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Well look at that, there's an ad up there. I honestly never noticed...
    lol. I can't see them. How ever hard I squint. Not now anyway.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WBSF, WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Yeti, Mamba
    Suspension
    W.Slings, Adj.Web
    Quote Originally Posted by Moel Siabod View Post
    lol. I can't see them. How ever hard I squint. Not now anyway.
    I just thought it was funny, I read the title and was thinking "What ads?"

Many of the forums I frequent are just overblown with ads... so with that one being so unobtrusive, I never noticed it was there.
    Insanity Happens...

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    As the original banner ad of Hammock forum and a cottage that is coming into our tenth year, there are a few points worth adding here.

First the cottage manufactures are as our mission statement at JRB states the folk that "Enabled four season hammock camping" by developing and making available the gear to support the year round use of hammocks. They have invested, some heavily, to make this market...Ten years ago you could not buy an under quilt, a hammock optimized tarp, several different, efficient, non stretching and light hammock suspension systems and numerous secondary hammock related accessories.

Second we have contributed thousands of dollars to support and enable the growth of HF.

Third these contributions began way before there was a donating member program and way before there were banner ads.

Today these cottage contributions along with the donating members carry the huge population of casual users and members who choose not to donate and support the forum. You are welcome

The cottage vendors support the major trail associations and many of the forum advertised and organized hangs with direct donations and gear for raffles.

As a vetran of two wars I personally support each American's right to freedom of speech, freedom to associate, and the HF donating members personal right to turn off the subtle banner ads... Because these things are guaranteed by the US Constitution or stated in the HF policies.

As a cottage vendor and charter member of HF, personally I wish those who want to turn off the ads would do so privately and not make a crusade of their personal view at the expense (reduced ad reach) of long time supporters of the comunity and forum.

FTR, personally I look forward to the day that both the growth of hammock camping and both corporate and cottage sponsorship enables Hammockforms.net to be the internet model of a free, dynamic and civil community of a million plus members.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    well said peter pan!!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    comfortable
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post

As a vetran of two wars I personally support each American's right to freedom of speech, freedom to associate, and the HF donating members personal right to turn off the subtle banner ads... Because these things are guaranteed by the US Constitution or stated in the HF policies.

As a cottage vendor and charter member of HF, personally I wish those who want to turn off the ads would do so privately and not make a crusade of their personal view at the expense (reduced ad reach) of long time supporters of the comunity and forum.
    Great speech. I hope you don't think I was 'attempting to make a crusade'.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast