Images

Psycho UQ question

So I'm a complete psycho who is a noob and I'm gonna make my own UQ. I'm setting up a calculation to get me into the mid to low 30's. Here's my question...Will a space quilt inbetween my UQ and the hammock knock it lower in the range (say into the teens or lower)?

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Im not really qualified to answer this but google search 'site:hammockforums.net vapour barrier liner' there are some good threads out there on the subject.

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

VBLs in 30* temps, no thanks

In Mississippi, you will seldom get much benefit from a VBL, but go ahead and learn why on your own. That will get VBLs out of your learning path.

The reflective property of mylar has blinded most of us, early on. The absolute waterproof property of it, is a problem, not a benefit.

I once bought a sleeping bag with perforated mylar in it. That was about 1980. There is a reason why bags like that are not being sold today.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Only way to find out is to test in the field.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by heyyou View Post
    In Mississippi, you will seldom get much benefit from a VBL, but go ahead and learn why on your own. That will get VBLs out of your learning path.

The reflective property of mylar has blinded most of us, early on. The absolute waterproof property of it, is a problem, not a benefit.

I once bought a sleeping bag with perforated mylar in it. That was about 1980. There is a reason why bags like that are not being sold today.
    Wasn't intending for MS use per se, but the thought was to use it not as a VBL but as a heat reflector in colder temps. I read several articles posted above and it wasn't getting through. Simple to understand now, based on what you said. Go figure. Plan talk for plan folks. I get the down side of it (no pun intended) now. Since I'm doing full lenght UQs, I wasn't thinking about the drawn ends not allowing airflow thus the build up of condensation, (and a hole in the log in the bottom of the sea). Yeah, makes sense now.

Thanks for making it stick...finally.

• + New Posts