Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I haven't had time to fill mine yet either. Life sure gets in the way sometimes.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Amazon
    Insulation
    UQ Blank
    Suspension
    D.I.Y. Whoopies

Notes:

Full Length: 72"

I have a down comforter, don't know the fill type, but it appears to be all down and that's what the tag says. It floats... The comforter has enough to make about 6 / 8 of these I would guess. Take a look at that nice mess

Hung it from a cloths line to fill...

Crud... back to the thread ripper.

I stuffed the UQ blank and sewed my end channels today. I went back to the site on finishing it and noticed the photos changed on his site as soon as I did it - Ugg. I didn't align my baffles from back to front so they are off more than 1" in places. They will probably work as is.

It seems real thin, - It weighs 20.90oz. I put an average of 1.37oz of down not including the baggie per baffel. I think I'm going to put in about .50oz more in each one. The site says the weight prior to fill is 8.5oz making what I put in @ 12.4oz. Just seems thin.

Last edited by HungLow; 02-18-2013 at 18:47. Reason: weight

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Down UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Cinch
    I just rec'd my torso "Blank" - can't wait to fill it up. I'll order some down in another week or two and finish it. BTW, the quality is fantastic. I'm excited to get this semi-DIY project finished and try it out!

Got my full length filled finally. Waiting on shock cord to arrive so I can finish the suspension and test it out.

I put 14oz of 850fp in there, should be pretty warm

Hammock
    Amazon
    Insulation
    UQ Blank
    Suspension
    D.I.Y. Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Geektechnica View Post
    Got my full length filled finally. Waiting on shock cord to arrive so I can finish the suspension and test it out.

Yea, really a nice time saver having this UQ blank. I'm setting here trying to figure out the suspension of the thing. While the site is a great place to get the thing, the instructions haven't been that helpful as far as the suspension goes, about as clear as mud.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HungLow View Post
    Full Length: 72"

I have a down comforter, don't know the fill type, but it appears to be all down and that's what the tag says. It floats... The comforter has enough to make about 6 / 8 of these I would guess. Take a look at that nice mess

Hung it from a cloths line to fill...

Crud... back to the thread ripper.

I stuffed the UQ blank and sewed my end channels today. I went back to the site on finishing it and noticed the photos changed on his site as soon as I did it - Ugg. I didn't align my baffles from back to front so they are off more than 1" in places. They will probably work as is.

It seems real thin, - It weighs 20.90oz. I put an average of 1.37oz of down not including the baggie per baffel. I think I'm going to put in about .50oz more in each one. The site says the weight prior to fill is 8.5oz making what I put in @ 12.4oz. Just seems thin.

Sorry about the pictures being changed. The new site will be up tomorrow (hopefully) and I'll be able to add a video of the process. You UQ looks good! It takes an hour or so for the loft to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac629 View Post
    I just rec'd my torso "Blank" - can't wait to fill it up. I'll order some down in another week or two and finish it. BTW, the quality is fantastic. I'm excited to get this semi-DIY project finished and try it out!
    Can't wait to see it!

That should be very warm!

Yea, really a nice time saver having this UQ blank. I'm setting here trying to figure out the suspension of the thing. While the site is a great place to get the thing, the instructions haven't been that helpful as far as the suspension goes, about as clear as mud.
    Sorry HungLow. The new site is getting the Domain Name switched over and then it will be finished. I will have some nice video's to upload on finishing the UQ's and also how to do the suspension.
    I didn't want to add anything to the current site for fear it will fade away soon. The new site is the same name and has a better lay out.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Amazon
    Insulation
    UQ Blank
    Suspension
    D.I.Y. Whoopies
    Ok, after going back and ripping out the thread was able to make it look like it should have from back to front with clean baffles! That's me always need to do it twice.

I added more down when I took it apart, the loft is perfect @ 2.08oz per baffle. About a 3" loft.

No suspension, -1oz stuff sack = 27.30oz

Off to the suspension when I can figure it out.

Saved me $125 having a comforter with white Goose Down.

Total Cost So Far: $65 For the very excellent blank and now have a full length 72" UQ.
    Last edited by HungLow; 02-20-2013 at 18:04. Reason: length

Received 50' of olive drab 1/8" shock cord today (for only $3.75!) which matches the UQ shell perfectly. So I finally was able to hang it up a little and see how it looks. I'm still waiting on more cord locks to show up, and need to figure out how I'm actually going to hang this thing, but I had to string it up just to see it.

I have to say that the quality of this UQ is fantastic! Getting the down in there (14oz of 850fp from Wilderness Logics) wasn't so bad, and sewing up the end channel wasn't horrible either. I don't have access to a sewing machine, so I stitched it together by hand. I won't be showing any pictures of my sewing, but I think it should hold.

Can't wait to use this thing!

Hammock
    Amazon
    Insulation
    UQ Blank
    Suspension
    D.I.Y. Whoopies
    Received 50' of olive drab 1/8" shock cord today (for only $3.75!) which matches the UQ shell perfectly.

Can't wait to use this thing!
    Great looking UQ. You can get cord locks at WallyWorld for .58 / 4.

Where did you get shock cord for that price? Good deal....

Great looking UQ. You can get cord locks at WallyWorld for .58 / 4.

Where did you get shock cord for that price? Good deal....

Got it from a tactical supply website run by a retired army captain who lives near me. I guess he deals a lot in paracord, and has some pretty great prices on shock cord as well.

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.c...category_ID=59

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123