(alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)
thanks for sharing
Before I make the leap I'll wait to hear ProfessorHammock's findings.
"Live like you will die tomorrow, but learn like you will live forever." Gandhi
check out Lonewolf over at Whiteblaze....24,000 miles on the AT and slept with food in his tent every time.
Me, I just prefer to lay my food bag under someone elses hammock
Back to the topic at hand.
Let's go over the advantages:
1. even more variable in length than a whoopie?
2. can be set up via carabiner as one system=less likely to leave tree hugger
3. its radical and you'll be the coolest at the next group hang
1. slower to adjust than a whoopie (but not by much)
2. keeps your mouth off the amsteel (i've seen hangers use their teeth
to hold the hammock rig while adjusting the whoopie and amsteel is
probably rough on the enamel
3. Dont loose that fancy Dutch Ti toggle! yes something else to keep up with
and harder to fabricate in the field compared to a MSH