Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
    In winter weather when it's cold enough that any precipitation is going to be snow and not rain, I leave the hammock and tarp at home and pack my a bivy sack and a CF pad. With plenty of mold-able snow on the ground sleeping comfortably is not an issue.

All I am trying to do here is compare 2 specific tarps. I'm not interested in the doored version of either tarp, nor do I ever pitch my tarps with the sides all the way down to the ground. I know doors serve others well, but they're not what I am looking for at the moment.
    OK, so 3 season no doors. Get a 12' RL
    I would not buy either tarp you listed.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
    In winter weather when it's cold enough that any precipitation is going to be snow and not rain, I leave the hammock and tarp at home and pack my a bivy sack and a CF pad. With plenty of mold-able snow on the ground sleeping comfortably is not an issue.

All I am trying to do here is compare 2 specific tarps. I'm not interested in the doored version of either tarp, nor do I ever pitch my tarps with the sides all the way down to the ground. I know doors serve others well, but they're not what I am looking for at the moment.
    aahh man I totally misread your post sorry, I thought you were talking about the ones with doors my bad.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    WB Webbing/Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Perhaps "that depends." Consider the case where you want the edge of the tarp as close to the ground as possible. That means the ridgeline needs to also be as low as possible. Any tarp with a ridgeline that is significantly longer than the hammock ridgeline, must ride high to clear the hammock's suspension.

With. 10'-10" tarp and an 11' hammock with an 83% ridgeline, you have about 10" left over at each end. Without doors, this would definitely be a problem. But with close doors, I don't think so.

With this configuration, the tarp ridgeline is only about 5" above the hammock's ridgeline (assuming a 30* angle). That puts the edge of these somewhat narrow tarps closer to the ground.
    Hmmm, so with a WB Blackbird, which it looks like is a 10' hammock, which lets assume an 83% ridgeline (so 100 inches long), it sounds like the 10' option on the hammockgear cuben tarp with doors is better than the 11' option, since even the 10' tarp will still have 10" on each side excess tarp.

Does this sound right?

Door Tie Backs useful?

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    I own both the Z-Packs Tarp as well as the Hammock Gear Tarp. They are both made from the same material. Check my thread out and in the third or so paragraph of this thread http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=52144
    for a comparison of the two tarps. I also have a review of the Z-Packs Tarp here http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=32511. Both threads have pictures. I love both tarps but favor the Hammock Gear Tarp for a few reasons I listed in my thread. Let me know if you have any more questions as I'd be happy to help.
    Does the "Door Tie Backs" in option are useful for the HG?

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
    Does the "Door Tie Backs" in option are useful for the HG?
    Absolutely! I use mine all the time. I only shut the doors when it's raining or combination of very cold & wind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123