Currently HH
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    0*incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoop Dutch Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappy2cap View Post
    BillyBob Since we will be spending almost two nights near Island Lake and this is the area that concerns me the most (least amount of trees), I would really love and appreciate if you could post any and all pics within a mile or 2 radius of the area. I am really determined to find trees to hang on! any pics would be great! We wont be camping any farther than Island lake.
    This might help
    http://www.visitpinedale.org/attract...land-lake.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    That does help...thanks

So i headed up to Titcomb without my hammock but at every one of the campsites we stayed at, i could have hung. Our last campsite was at island lake and there was sufficient tree-osity for hanging. Past that point, i dont think it was doable.

On a side note, I just hiked Big Basin state park ( red woods) and was told by rangers I couldnt set up my hammock????? this is the ultimate forrest. it just boggled my mind. i had the tree huggers for my hennessey hammock and all. no perspective, just blanket rules. i guess they are worried about tree damage amongst the 8 zillion trees. Honestly they said that they were worried about people screwing in hanging hooks.. i told them most hammocks are more eco friendly than tents now a days...

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    so THATS where they filmed the moon landing!

Hammock
    Dutch Wide , WB Sock, BIASbuginato
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    BeetleB & K straps
    Resurrecting this topic! Working this on WB also, but seeing as both sites have different members figured can't hurt to post here also.

So - heading to WRR and would really hate to go to ground. Anyone done the Lakes Trail Head to the Gannett Peak area? Pretty sure I am SOL on hanging after about 10miles in (reach the CDT), but would hate to get there and realize hanging was doable. Any other advice most welcome.

Thanks!

Hammock
    Wilderness logics Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock cuben tarp
    Insulation
    phoenix 20 degree
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings,
    Been to the Winds twice last time to Texas Lake area and before to Ticomb basin. Dwelt on the ground but in hind site wishi had my hammock. I wanted to go above titcomb and camp but this is above tree line. In Any of this type of area you can hammock camp but be ready and proficient at going to ground. The crowds were very big at Senica lake trailhead the cars were parked way past the trail head . This will impact your campsite there were lots of people. I would go after memorable day could get colder weather, but a lot less people. The packers said the crowds were the largest they have seen. Still heading back in early September or to the Solitude trail in the Big Horns.

Hammock
    Wilderness logics Hammock
    Tarp
    Hammock cuben tarp
    Insulation
    phoenix 20 degree
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings,
    Should of checked my maps . First time went to Titcomb Basin, left from Elkhart park the second trip from Big Sandy trailhead lots and lots of people impacts camping sites. But alpine glow at skull lake and shadow lake, both suitable for hanging would have been a fantastic hang!!!

Hammock
    Dutch Wide , WB Sock, BIASbuginato
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    BeetleB & K straps
    Thanks for the tips Old Man! Sorry for the delayed response, managed to spend the weekend on the Pinhoti.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Should of checked my maps . First time went to Titcomb Basin, left from Elkhart park the second trip from Big Sandy trailhead lots and lots of people impacts camping sites. But alpine glow at skull lake and shadow lake, both suitable for hanging would have been a fantastic hang!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12