Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61
  1. #11
    Senior Member skippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oneonta,Al
    Hammock
    Bear Mountain Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB
    Insulation
    Old Rag Mtn
    Posts
    228
    Shug, You Da Man!! Great video, I always enjoy watching them. Don't know what you do for a living, but you missed your calling.

  2. #12
    Senior Member GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,665
    Images
    564
    enjoyed that!

    Was imagining myself trying to film in these conditions

    <From the hammock the second morning>
    Hoo Buddy! Minus 25! I gotta film this. But how am I going to do that without freezing my fingers? Ah, got it. Camera is in here with me to keep from freezing, I'll just start 'er up inside the bag, then get me Possum down gloves on before sticking the camera out there to film the thermameter...I'll just edit out the shots of my knees inside the bag...

    Seriously though, the thought of any kind of camp chores (light the stove, tear down camp) where the hands aren't covered. Dang! There's a challenge, to keep those digits warm!

    Thanks for the effort to bring us all along. Arm chair eskimos, most of us.

    Grizz

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Honduras
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Posts
    912
    Images
    14
    You guys are (bleep)n' nuts!
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

  4. #14
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    16,193
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
    Great video. I'm looking forward to your tarp review video.
    Tarp Video to come soonest .... maybe .... sorta. Work is getting real busy right now and I am out of town a lot in the next couple of months.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    Wow, you guys are sure-fired die hard hammock hanging alchohol burning candy eating pulk pulling trail breaking he-men! I caught a bad cold just watching that video....
    Best comment ever!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Whoooo Buuuudy Shug....

    Great video, nice report ... thanks for sharing.

    Mt Rogers should be a cake walk next weekend by comparision.... That comment should drop it another 10 degrees....

    Pan
    Ya'll need some cold there ...U got quilts! Hope you get some snappy temps.

    Quote Originally Posted by spotz View Post
    Guys reading the tags on this thread I see "Quest" is one of them, might want to add the tag "Epic" for truly this will go down as an "Epic Quest" not to be out done any time soon. Great adventure and great vid Shug, X-tream comes to mind.
    Extreme and hammocks go together like sardines and licorice! Funny .... Thanks spotz. That is a nice thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iafte View Post
    Nice trip guys! I love watching the videos. I wish I could get out more.
    'Preciate that more than you know.....

    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Wh-wh-whoo bubu bububu buuuddddyyy... ccccold...

    Thanks for ffffilming that SSSShug. Glad you ggguys mmmade it safely.
    Awesome NCPatrick. T-t-t-h-h-hanks-s-s-s

    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Wow!
    Whew.....

    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    WOW............ I'm glad I'm down south were it's HOT
    Good stuff to experiencing & share guys. Glad you had a good time & came out safe!
    Me no lika heat ..... Linville someday!

    Quote Originally Posted by gstepclassical View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Really glad you guys made it back safe. I hope many ground dwellers get a chance to see this.
    Yes Ground Dwellers ...it can be done!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  5. #15
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    16,193
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Shug, You Da Man!! Great video, I always enjoy watching them. Don't know what you do for a living, but you missed your calling.
    Just back from a show ... I entertain for my nut. The vids are really just fun.... I enjoy the editing the most.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    enjoyed that!

    Was imagining myself trying to film in these conditions

    <From the hammock the second morning>
    Hoo Buddy! Minus 25! I gotta film this. But how am I going to do that without freezing my fingers? Ah, got it. Camera is in here with me to keep from freezing, I'll just start 'er up inside the bag, then get me Possum down gloves on before sticking the camera out there to film the thermameter...I'll just edit out the shots of my knees inside the bag...

    Seriously though, the thought of any kind of camp chores (light the stove, tear down camp) where the hands aren't covered. Dang! There's a challenge, to keep those digits warm!

    Thanks for the effort to bring us all along. Arm chair eskimos, most of us.

    Grizz
    Gotta say .. it was an act of cinema-graphic passion just to get that camera out. You called it perfect Grizz.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmoss View Post
    You guys are (bleep)n' nuts!
    I like nuts ..... with M&M's and Whoppers!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  6. #16
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34

    Thumbs up

    I really enjoyed that!
    Great adventure, great video report, as always!

    Is all the gear packed away yet, or did you just got home and started editing?
    Because , you sure got this video out fast!

    Those possum gloves are practically bought, what was name of the liners again?

    Couple of questions of you don't mind ?
    1. How much white gas did you use a day?
    2. How did you store your water overnight, if you did (except the warm one in the sleeping bag)?
    3. How cold was the feet during those long hours between sunset and bedtime ?
    4. Did the home made pulk get a big OK ?
    5. Is the SHT in Finland Minnesota really part of sector seven ?


    This reminds me of a documentary i saw on Swedish tv called -58C Through Siberia on skis
    Two swedes skiing through Siberia during 10 months, experienced temps of -72.4 F.
    So, if you two don't watch out , you now know where this road might be heading

  7. #17
    Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Amok Hammock
    Tarp
    Amok Hammock Tarp
    Insulation
    Insulated pad
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,365
    Images
    27
    Thanks for the video, Shug. Just makes me shiver to watch it. Mule
    The present moment is eternal. I would rather be Here, Now.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Posts
    1,576
    Great video! Have enjoyed them all, Shug...but this one...WOW!

    I'm in Texas watching from a nice warm office, having hot coffee, and just watching that video made me put my little jacket on to break the chill. I can't imagine being out in weather like that!

    Kudos to you both. Unbelievable...

  9. #19
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,516
    Images
    101
    Shug,

    I can only imagine how "clean" the air feels at -27*F...then you go numb and it doesn't matter!

    Wish I could have been there!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  10. #20
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    16,193
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    I really enjoyed that!
    Great adventure, great video report, as always!

    Is all the gear packed away yet, or did you just got home and started editing?
    Because , you sure got this video out fast!

    Those possum gloves are practically bought, what was name of the liners again?

    Couple of questions of you don't mind ?
    1. How much white gas did you use a day?
    2. How did you store your water overnight, if you did (except the warm one in the sleeping bag)?
    3. How cold was the feet during those long hours between sunset and bedtime ?
    4. Did the home made pulk get a big OK ?
    5. Is the SHT in Finland Minnesota really part of sector seven ?
    Gear is stowed ... I edit pretty quickly ... may not be perfect but get it done.
    Those outer gloves are here:http://www.ula-equipment.com/mist.htm
    White gas ... about 11 to 13 ounces per day.
    Water ... slept with it. Just enough for breakfast and drinking.
    Feet ... were good in camp .. got a bit cold on the really cold night. Not too bad.
    Pulk ... did a terrific job. I will use it again.
    The SHT IS sector seven!
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 162
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 11:55
  2. SOLD: Golite Quest Backpack
    By millergear in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 00:13
  3. FS: Womens GoLite Quest backpack
    By jeremesh in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 14:18
  4. Minnesota 3 Night Winter Backpack/Hammock Trip
    By Shug in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 12:40

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •