Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    +1 on this. Scott has been great. Best prices, great communication, good measurement. I have made 2 tarps and a top quilt from his supplies. I will continue to go to him first.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    Thommock
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Placed two orders with him on Tuesday. One has been shipped, no word on the other order.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Scott and DIYGearSupply definately should have his own forum...Been serving the community longer than many of the "cottages" and with excellent reputation.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Scott and DIYGearSupply definately should have his own forum...Been serving the community longer than many of the "cottages" and with excellent reputation.

Pan
    +1 on this,,they have awesome fast service and lots of DIY gear.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Asym
    Insulation
    DIY 2/3 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    I wanted to give Scott a shout out. I had ordered a yard of a certain fabric for a project I never got around to completing. This morning I needed 40"x40" of fabric that I knew I did not have. I remembered that "yard" from diygearsupply.com. Scott's "yard" of material more than covered my project.

forum
    Shhh! Don't tell him his yard stick is too long.

I ordered 4 yards from him two weeks ago and when I go it it seemed long. Sure enough, I measured it and it was well over 13 feet. Now I have plenty left over for a few stuff sacks. I have not measured my Amsteel or Tech Line yet but I suspect I'll get similar results.

He also helped me out by fixing my mistake when I accidentally ordered the wrong color of rip-stop. Did not notice until I got the confirmation email. Shot a quick email to Scott asking if it could be switched and he emailed me back the next day saying he would.

Great service. I will definitely be going back for my DIY projects.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    I would also give him the vote for his own sub-forum. IMO, he probably doesn't because he hasn't asked. He also isn't on the forum showing new designs/products that he has. A question comes up, he'll pop in and respond, or if he is having specific problems with a product/material that he is selling, which is unlike most of our sub-forum vendors.
    He does get a lot of great service comments, and I agree. I have ordered several times from him, and not once have there been problems. I am getting ready to place a new order in a week or 3......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    DIY CWH
    Tarp
    DIY CWH
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Web/ buckles/rings
    Images
    Just placed my first order with DIY Gear Supply. The prices were outstanding. I will update on the shipping.

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Hey all, I just saw this today. Thank you so much for the kind comments. I really appreciate you all and absolutely love seeing the great gear you come up with!

Now would be a good a time as any to toss in a little update on how things are going here at DIY Gear Supply.

TMI ALERT - TMI ALERT - TMI ALERT

I haven't asked for a sub forum for a couple reasons.

1. I don't make hammock gear anymore. Well, I do, a lot... I just don't retail it.
    2. I am killing myself trying to keep up with orders as it is. (But by all means, don't let that statement stop you from placing an order, because...)

Because... right now I work full time AND run DIY Gear Supply solo. My full time gig is working as a youth pastor ministering to some of the best kids with some of the worst life situations. I input the orders you place during lunch, get home, spend time with my wife and daughter, then once we put the little one down for bed I get to work filling your orders. Usually that puts me to midnight when I can crawl into bed for the (short) night.

But - we're talking about dropping my hours at the Church to part time, so that I can expand DIY Gear Supply some and be able to spend more time with my family. That's really exciting. And really scary - pretty significant cut in pay there. Any of our fellow cottage industry folks here who have made that transition know the feeling. I'll still be able to minster to my youth but will have a lot more time to get orders out faster, put out more DIY Guides, keep up better on restocking and expanding the product line, and get to spend more time here at HF!

So. Thank you. Thank you so much for your business. Your support. Your comments. I will do my absolute best to keep your gear making addiction well fed with great materials and ideas.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    Just received my 3rd order from Scott today and as usual, the USPS package was opened to reveal perfection. Communication with DIY is always top notch and the man is one of the most respectful people i've had the pleasure of doing business with. He has, in me, a lifelong customer.
    Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks...

Mahna Mahna...

"The more we hang, the more we have to leave in the end" -Gresh

Hammock
    BIAS WW and DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    Leighlo and JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Scott,

Good luck with whatever you decide. No matter what, I'll keep ordering from you!

Sincerely,
    Dave-O

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast