As many of you know, I had a car accident in 2004 that left my right leg partially paralyzed. I had tried every sort of hammock I could find, but was unable to get in and out of any without a lot of help and falling....

Apparently, small nerves can and do grow / regenerate - very slowly (like 1/4" a year). My largest quad (vastus lateralis) was nearly totally paralyzed because of small nerve damage - it has started to move voluntarily a bit and two other muscles are moving enough that I am actually able to train them. I am doing unsupported squats and lightly supported lunges for the first time since the accident and have been able to walk nearly 3 miles without my cane (paved surface). I also tripped on a recent day-hike and caught myself without using the cane - something I have never been able to do before and the reason I always hike with two canes.

So why am I announcing this in a hammock forum? Because I think I may be able to get in and out of a HH-style hammock now or very soon. I'm going to try this at the Speers campout in April if someone will let me try out their set-up.