Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Insulation
    Down

ABES please advise

Hi

I just registered on this forum, so I am new to it, something that I was interested in, is a hammock camping. Got that hot deal on REI for ABES consisting of a hammock and a tarp. Question with that, everybody is referring to that hammock asvSBPro, mine said on the attached pouch (stuff sack) Skeeter Beeter Ultra Light. Is it Pro or Ultralight? By the look of it it is looks like Ultra Light, blue with no extra material sewn in to the sides. Can any of you advise.
    Thanks

Felix

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I bet that CHO (Chief Hammock Officer) does. If he doesn't answer directly in this forum, you can bet that he will answer you if you PM him. He's a standup guy, and a friend to all hammockers.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    BA Insulated & SPE
    Images
    The SB Pro has an integrated no-see-um bug net with a total of 4 tabs on the netting itself and 2 ridgelines for use with netting. The SB Pro is about 22 ounces heavy and 10.5' feet long. Hope that helps.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    FX:
    I just ordered the same package deal from REI. Before I did I contacted the manufacturer, Travel Trunk, directly and asked if this was the Pro or the regular Skeeter Beeter Hammock. According to the person that I talked to at Grand Trunk, I think her name was Melissa, REI was supposed the be putting the Pro in this package. She said the material was a Ripstop nylon instead of the Parachute Nylon and was rated for the same capacity as the Pro, 400lbs. If you feel that you got the wrong hammock, then call REI and ask them to contact Travel Trunk for clarification. Or simply return it under their, REI's, guarantee for your money back. I know this is not much help but atleast you now know that others are in this with you.

John

Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Insulation
    Down

Some Clarification

Thanks for the replys. This is what I have: Blue hammock made from looke like some sort of dimond rip stop material. Stuff sack for the hammock has a logo: "ultralight skeeter beeter", inside of the stuff sack a white tab that has a 400 lb rating on it. Hammock doesn't have sides of extra material as I see on SBPro picture. Website rates ultralight version at 250 LB. Based on this I am not sure if t was a special run of them or new (old) design no longer (not yet) pictured on the webside.

Hammock
    HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    Really need CHO to drop us a clarification line on this. I looked at the REI package & it really looks like a special hammock/tarp deal that I haven't seen before. Not exactly a SBPro or UL ???

REI says hammock is 4'x8', 22oz, & 400# rated.
    Grand Trunk Website says UL Skeeter Beeter is 4'6"x9'6", 20oz, & 250# rated
    Grand Trunk Website says SBPro is 5'x10'6". 27oz, & 400# rated

The FF Tarp:
    From REI is 8'6"x8'6", & 18oz
    From Grand Trunk Site is 10'x10', & 32oz

Looks like they changed sizes & used diffferent materials for the Air-Bivy ES.

What are the actual sizes of these items that everyone is receiving??
    My knife is so sharp it cut the sixth finger off my right hand! On the plus side, Inigo Montoya no longer hunts me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjenn View Post
    Really need CHO to drop us a clarification line on this.

What are the actual sizes of these items that everyone is receiving??
    I second this question. Would someone how has already received one of these from REI please take a few minutes to dig it out and take a couple measurements? We'd really appreciate it. Or if CHO would let us know...that'd be great as well. I'm looking at maybe getting one for the girlfriend

Hammock
    DIY HH clone
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20*
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Another vote for more info. The different weights and dimensions on each site are leaving me rather confused. I want to jump on this deal, but would like to know a little bit more about what I would be getting.

I went ahead and ordered one. I didn't want them to sell out before I had a chance to get one. I will have to pay shipping back if I'm not happy with the dimensions because I don't live close to an REI to return it, but at least I didn't miss out on the deal if the deminsions are good.

It should come in by next Tuesday (one week from today). Assuming I can get home that day (I live at college) to pick it up, I'll measure it all and post back here.

Hopefully someone will post the measurements before next week though...the suspense of not knowing the sizes is really getting to me.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    MW3
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I was reading this thread when the UPS guy showed up with mine. The main stuff sack has a label "Air Bivy Extreme Shelter". The hammock has a label on the integrated stuff sack that says "Ultralight Skeeter Beeter", and is 8'9"x4'. The tarp sack said "Funky Forest Tarp" and is 9'4"x9'6". The hammock does have a diamond shaped pattern but it doesn't look like ripstop, more like a texture for looks. The tarp does have a 1/8" ripstop pattern.

The hammock is much narrower than my Hammock Bliss so I'm curious to see how it feels.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast