WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    WWM is my next order... as soon as the FUN MONEY recharges... the Superfly+pole mod+ my entry fee to a marathon kind of killed that WHOLE pile...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Bias. wwm
    I just ordered a Wwm from Brian. Great guy very informative

I'm still really torn but I think I'm going to go with the Camper just for the weight factor, less is definitely always better.

Now I just have to find a pad setup with bag or cheap enough UQ/TQ setup that I can have a ground setup and a hanging setup. My wife is a ground dweller and wants to stay that way.

Anybody have advice about a bag that holds a pad, like say a Big Agnes bag with a pad in a single layer hammock? Or perhaps an affordable UQ/TQ setup that will work with the Camper in Virginia weather? I was looking at the SSUQ and still using a bag as a TQ.

Thanks for all the advice and opinions guys.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JCook5003 View Post
    I'm still really torn but I think I'm going to go with the Camper just for the weight factor, less is definitely always better.

Now I just have to find a pad setup with bag or cheap enough UQ/TQ setup that I can have a ground setup and a hanging setup. My wife is a ground dweller and wants to stay that way.

Anybody have advice about a bag that holds a pad, like say a Big Agnes bag with a pad in a single layer hammock? Or perhaps an affordable UQ/TQ setup that will work with the Camper in Virginia weather? I was looking at the SSUQ and still using a bag as a TQ.

Thanks for all the advice and opinions guys.
    Note that you can still use a pad with a top quilt; it's how they were first introduced--ground dwellers used 'em. On the ground, you'll want a slightly wider quilt than in the hammock (since the ground, silly thing, won't wrap around you in the same manner), but other than that, the same rules apply.

Then, depending on how often you intend on going to ground, choose your pad...if it's not often, a blue CCF from WallyWorld should get you by. If it is often (the horror! ), then you'll want something a little more supportive--assuming that you don't already have one.

Hope it helps!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrianb View Post
    It's a good point... we may have a branding issue with the CL (wouldn't be the first time we Buttheads at BIAS got it wrong). The Campus Lounger is 9 oz. in a single layer. It's a lightweight, no-stretch taffeta and it's very strong. In fact, at the price point ($28), the weight (less than an ounce over a WW), and the strength, it's a very good buy.

We call it the Campus Lounger because of the availability of collegiate colors.

To the OP's question, a Camper hammock would be great or a CL or WW in a double layer would be good, too.

Thank you for setting me straight on this. I always thought the taffetta was much heavier. Thank you.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    +1 on the XL camper it's so big and comfy. Plus it's only a few bucks more and just a few oz more then the regular camper ( wich is still on my wish list ).
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    I will say the Taffeta one is heavy and not really for backpacking, hence the name campus lounger. Just my $.02. Look at the Weight wienie in a double layer for a very light weight hammock that will hold your 270 lbs., the single layer is rated to 250.
    Well, you might want to check the BIAS site soon - Brian and I have been doing some emailing lately and my WW started to give out after 4 nights and several backyard testings....he's going to move the weight back down to around 225 for the WW single layer per what he told me. The WW didn't fail, but it was starting to tear at the channel end stitching and would have eventually failed. I am at about 240 right now. A double layer 1.1 would probably be great, but nothing beats the sweet hang of a 1.1...I just need to lose the weight!

The better news is that Brian offered to replace it with a Camper when I didn't even ask for it - what customer service!

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12