Hey Guys-

I've researched a ton here and am ready to order a hammock. That's where I need some of you guys to weigh in and give me some advice. Since I dont have a sewing machine or the skills to build a hammock I've decided to buy one.

I've been eyeing the BIAS Camper Hammock which is a single layer of 1.9 nylon rated at 300 pounds, which is funny because it seems most vendors rate a SL 1.9 at around 250 pounds. I've also been checking out the BIAS Campus Lounger which is a polyester hammock that is supposed to feel a lot like a taffeta material. In this hammock I would require the double layer which is rated to 350 pounds.

So now down the questions. I'm about 270 pounds right now which I hope will start shrinking once I start hiking and backpacking I plan on using whichever of these hammocks I choose for backpacking, I'm on a tight budget so cost is a concern which is nice because BIAS has a great deal on the Campus Lounger in a DL right now ($56) but the Camper is $47.

I really like the Camper because it's so light which will be nice in my pack, but I also really like the double layer because like most I will be starting out with a pad and sleeping bag. I've read tons of posts that a DL is better for using a pad, but my plan is in the future to get a TQ/UQ setup so should it really be my main concern?

Next obvious thing is the material, nylon vs taffeta. Which do you prefer? Any upsides downsides I should know about? Will be significantly better for my weight?

Any other opinions, insights, or suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks Guys!