HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner

KC Area Winter Hang Report

Well, had a good turn out of folks show up out at the Woodridge Public Use Area just west of Clinton Lake again this past weekend (Feb 1-3).

I got onsite at about 1:30 on Friday afternoon, saw one truck but no people. Went ahead and setup my hammock, got my gear in order there at the trailhead, and Ramenshaman comes walking up outta the woods from where he'd setup about 100 meters or so down a path. Weather was about 24F and cloudy, so it was cool but bearable...still had some snow on the ground from earlier in the week.

Dudorino came in about 4:30 or so, and we sat down and had dinner, thinking we were the only ones going to make it on Friday.

About 9:30pm or so, Hoot, Radiohead, and Trailboss (Radiohead's daughter) arrived onsite. We ended up sitting around the fire and talking til about 2am before the last of us finally stumbled off to our hammocks. The thermometer says it only got down to around 22-24, but it felt colder...LOL!

Got up on Saturday to a pretty warm day...the ice on the trails started to melt, turning them into slush. Hoot/Radiohead/Trailboss were awesome enough to provide us with breakfast...tons of eggs and bacon!!! Over the course of the day, 1066vik, Fugahwee, and Kerflop rolled in, along with a HF "lurker" (yes, we have those!) who opted to come out and visit as well (Hey Don...pull up a chair and join us!).

Dinner Saturday night was potluck. Kerflop made an awesome dish of fried potatos, onions, and kielbasa style sausage, and Dudorino did up a 15 bean soup that was TASTY!!! I got a late start on my potato soup, but folks didn't seem to mind. For dessert, Ramenshaman whipped out some cherry cheesecakes, and Fugahwee dropped down a tangy strawberry/ruhbarb pie.

Bedtime came early for most of us...I slept like a LOG.

Sunday we broke camp slowly, with Kerflop needing to break out pretty early, and Ramenshaman and I going on a cool hike out to the hilltop in the middle of the grounds. Found me an awesome spot to hang a hammock solo sometime...and we left lots of firewood for the next folks to come in behind us.

Thanks again everyone for coming out...really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. (Watch for a "KC Hangers" FB page to be coming up soon!).

(Wanted to add...working on editing some video from the trip...will post it once I've got it complete)
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts