Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet BMJ
    Insulation
    Hammockgear Addict

The Maine Hang - Brunswick, ME 4/26-28/13

At the last Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Special, I had the pleasure of talking to several other hammock hangers and we all agreed that we needed to get a group hang together at this beautiful oceanfront campground.

After reaching out to the owners, we can give this idea a shot. I apologize for the short notice, life has been that special kind of hectic that really makes camping appealing. Hoping if all goes well, this might occur again next year with more warning time.

We will be on site before the campground is officially open, which should give us freedom to choose areas with good tree configurations, regardless of assigned sites. Only request is that cars remain on the paved roads.

While this is a 'hammock hang', we welcome tent-dwelling folks - even more if they want to bring an instrument to jam around the campfire. I've invited a few bluegrass pickin' friends to the hang as well.

So in short, laid-back, family-friendly hangout - bonfire, food, and fun with friends old and new. What's not to like?

Cost is a $10/adult/night ($4 for kids), we'll figure out a potluck menu if anyone is interested.

I know it is short notice, but I'm headed up - any interest out there?

Campground info at - http://www.thomaspointbeach.com

Hammock
    Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket
    That is awesome! Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation that week and out of New England completely.

Mike is a personal friend, so if the hang at the end of the month goes well, I'm sure that I can talk him into another hang!

Hammock
    Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket
    For those of you who have never been to Thomas Point Beach, it's a gorgeous campground located in Brunswick, ME. It sits against the ocean and is very spacious.

I highly recommend you all make the attempt to hang if possible.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images

The Maine Hang - Brunswick, ME 4/26-28/13

I plan on going as of now. Might bring family or partial family. Will you need rhythm guitar or bass fiddle?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet BMJ
    Insulation
    Hammockgear Addict
    Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you again, Gastar. I'll try not to lock my car keys in this time.

Will be bringing Hurricane Henry for his second group hang, and will have my two girls as well.

We have a couple of bass players invited FWIW. Will know exactly who is in as we get closer. Will probably bring the guitar along myself.

Hammock
    HighlandWare
    Tarp
    Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    HW Buckle & Web
    Though I can't make this one due to the short notice (stuck at work!) I only live a 7 minute drive from this campground and would be interested in attending one perhaps later this summer.

Though, in August I'm going to take the family and a few friends to the Bigelow Preserve in Maine for some leisurely hiking and camping. We'll all be hanging and would love to have more hammocks in company.

I'll be watching for the next group hang and keep my fingers crossed I learn about it with enough notice to get the time off of work.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet BMJ
    Insulation
    Hammockgear Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wildewudu View Post
    Though I can't make this one due to the short notice (stuck at work!) I only live a 7 minute drive from this campground and would be interested in attending one perhaps later this summer.

Though, in August I'm going to take the family and a few friends to the Bigelow Preserve in Maine for some leisurely hiking and camping. We'll all be hanging and would love to have more hammocks in company.

I'll be watching for the next group hang and keep my fingers crossed I learn about it with enough notice to get the time off of work.
    Stop by if you can. I figure since 1990 or so I've spent at least six months worth of nights camped at Thomas Point Beach. Great spot. Since adding the hammock, it's only better.

The Bigelows are on my short list of 'must hang' locations for 2013. Spending a clear nite at the Avery tentsite has been on the bucket list for a while.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Down UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Cinch
    Tempting! I was planning to hike/camp the Cutler Coast Preserve trails that weekend. Maybe I should drive the other direction. Any hiking in that area?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet BMJ
    Insulation
    Hammockgear Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Wind View Post
    Tempting! I was planning to hike/camp the Cutler Coast Preserve trails that weekend. Maybe I should drive the other direction. Any hiking in that area?
    I looked up Cutler Coast and doubt there'd be hiking as pretty as that area. Camden has a couple of prominent peaks with nice views, but that's about an hour and fifteen minutes away.

I've been told good things about Morse Mtn in neighboring Bath. Popham beach is next to it, and that's also a pretty walk if you've never seen it.

Somewhat better paddling/biking in my experience, but there are some local trail systems for hiking in Brunswick - I just haven't used anything beyond the bike trail so far.

Hammock
    HighlandWare
    Tarp
    Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    HW Buckle & Web
    Wish I could stop by, but I'm working my 7-straight night shift this week! I'm in the appliance section at the Lowe's around the corner--if you get a chance stop by and say hi!

While cleaning that entire campground & beach and looking at all the groomed trees I had wondered if the management would allow hammocks in their campground. For an established "campground", a beast I don't frequent as a general rule, preferring to roam the woods instead, I must say this is one of the better suited spots for hanging.

I'm game for the next one when it's up! I'll start an invite thread for the Bigelow's to see if anyone's interested. Should know a month or so in advance to give adequate warning.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by McRat View Post
    Stop by if you can. I figure since 1990 or so I've spent at least six months worth of nights camped at Thomas Point Beach. Great spot. Since adding the hammock, it's only better.

The Bigelows are on my short list of 'must hang' locations for 2013. Spending a clear nite at the Avery tentsite has been on the bucket list for a while.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast