Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

pressure points...

Hey guys, Tried my hand at doing the table cloth hammock last night. Iused utility cord and tried to use the methods for no sew that I found. Any ideas on why I would have it leaning to the left? It feels like it is twisted and all my weight is on my left side. It isnt so bad when I go diag but it is still pretty noticable. Also I feel like there is some pressure points in the hammock that I didnt have with my yukon outfitters from woot. I feel like I might not have the ends gathered right or something. Im using 4mm utility cord and caribiners hooked to the studs in my wall. I will try and post a picture to see if you guys notice anything wrong. Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DL 1.4 ripstop gathered end
    Tarp
    8x10 flat silnylon
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    whoopie/shackle
    From the look of your picture the ends aren't hung level so that could be one place to start from.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Your head end is supposed to be lower than your foot end, so that part's right.

I'd check to see if your suspension is wonky, or if you've got the gathered ends uneven in the whipping.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Try re-whipping the ends using the "gather" method the "W - fold" method or a combination of the two until you find something you like. You can also experiment with pulling fabric further out on the whipped ends to change the lay of the hammock.

here is a great tutorial

http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeHammock2.html
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Your head end is supposed to be lower than your foot end, so that part's right.

I'd check to see if your suspension is wonky, or if you've got the gathered ends uneven in the whipping.
    yep!

Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    Try re-whipping the ends using the "gather" method the "W - fold" method or a combination of the two until you find something you like. You can also experiment with pulling fabric further out on the whipped ends to change the lay of the hammock.

here is a great tutorial

http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeHammock2.html
    ditto! must probably the "gather" needs a tweak.

__bob__

I tried to re do the whipping and use diffrent knots this time as a friend helped me yesterday and he kinda made it up. Lol. When I am in the hammock I feel as if there is a solid line underneath me, and I feel like I Am being scrunched like a v. Should I Shorten the ropes connected to my eyelets in the wall? Should I pull the corners out on the whipping to get rid of the pressure running the length of the hammock? I did the accordian method? Its fine when I lay diagonal. I enclosed a picture of me in the new one and one in the hammock woot. The woot one doesnt feel so tight and pressured like the tablecloth one. Thanks again!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hose406 View Post
    I tried to re do the whipping and use diffrent knots this time as a friend helped me yesterday and he kinda made it up. Lol. When I am in the hammock I feel as if there is a solid line underneath me, and I feel like I Am being scrunched like a v. Should I Shorten the ropes connected to my eyelets in the wall? Should I pull the corners out on the whipping to get rid of the pressure running the length of the hammock? I did the accordian method? Its fine when I lay diagonal. I enclosed a picture of me in the new one and one in the hammock woot. The woot one doesnt feel so tight and pressured like the tablecloth one. Thanks again!!!
    The standard position for maximum comfort is going to be the diagonal. When positioned in-line with the hammock you will feel that ridge. pulling out the outer edges will stand up the edges but may not do anything for that ridge.

hope this helps. best of luck with max comfort.
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    OxGear 11 Ft.
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
    The standard position for maximum comfort is going to be the diagonal. When positioned in-line with the hammock you will feel that ridge. pulling out the outer edges will stand up the edges but may not do anything for that ridge.

hope this helps. best of luck with max comfort.
    I 2nd this, use the diagonal

The best way I've ever seen a hammock whipped:

A friend of mine laid the fabric out on the floor. he then laid a punching bag down on the fabric in the diagonal he would sleep in. He then gathered the ends and pulled the sides a little tighter to create a lip up the sides to hold his stuff in and then whipped. It's one of the flattest laying gathered end hammocks I've laid in, and if I ever create one myself I'll be using his method.

Im sure you could use anything so long as it's about your height, and hefty enough to create some resistance when gathering the ends. Maybe a 2x4 with a friend standing on it?

That's genius. I'm filing that one away for future use.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast