Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63
  1. #41
    doogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Birdsboro, PA
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Posts
    1,148
    Images
    131
    I'm still on the bubble, but I'm itching to try out my new DIY winter tarp
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. Itís the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    West Michigan
    Hammock
    Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw
    Posts
    156
    Doh! I wish I could get in in this hang! I want to meet all you guys.

  3. #43
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by G...Hawk View Post
    G.L.P.,

    Will you PM the directions to me also ?

    Thanks
    G
    sure can buddy
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  4. #44
    G...Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Glendale, NY/ NYC
    Hammock
    WBBB.coyote WBBB.olive
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    sure can buddy
    Thanks G.L.P




    G
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Hammock
    Dutch 11
    Tarp
    Toxaway w ZQ mods
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    Posts
    361
    Dutch
    Da' Bears
    GLP
    Blackfoot
    G Hawk
    Uncle Ray Ray
    Bob O/Scout 78 (is this one or two people?)

    Just getting a head count as some trail magic may follow.

  6. #46
    G...Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Glendale, NY/ NYC
    Hammock
    WBBB.coyote WBBB.olive
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by biggcarl View Post
    Dutch
    Da' Bears
    GLP
    Blackfoot
    G Hawk
    Uncle Ray Ray
    Bob O/Scout 78 (is this one or two people?)

    Just getting a head count as some trail magic may follow.
    Bob O's trailname is Scout 78, he is 78yrs old, but looks like a happy boy when we are section hiking the AT.
    He hiked often with the scouts when he was raising his family.



    G
    G...Hawk
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

  7. #47
    Senior Member Black Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Souderton, PA
    Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, DH TB, WB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Posts
    443
    Images
    12
    Looking forward to getting outside....

    Curious on what the group is planning in respects to dinner. Is everyone on their own or is the plan to coordinate something? I know Dutch mentioned grilling steaks should we bring a steak? - will someone have a grill to use? Should we bring a side dish to share?

    I'm fine with whatever works for everyone, but I want to bring something to share if that's the way we want to go...
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

  8. #48
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    6,630
    Images
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Foot View Post
    Looking forward to getting outside....

    Curious on what the group is planning in respects to dinner. Is everyone on their own or is the plan to coordinate something? I know Dutch mentioned grilling steaks should we bring a steak? - will someone have a grill to use? Should we bring a side dish to share?

    I'm fine with whatever works for everyone, but I want to bring something to share if that's the way we want to go...
    We have a nice big titanium grill that we throw over the fire pit. In general we all bring out own meat but there is usually enough to share. You don't want to be that poor sucker eating freezedried meals or hot dogs when everyone is eating steak. This is a 50 yard walk from the car so comforts are abound. BigCarl graces us with smoked cheeses and sausages. Avoid GLP's sausage though. I usually have a salad to compliment my steak and a bottle of wine will help you sleep through the snoring. In the morning we usually go to a diner for breakfast. So it is eat, drink, sleep, eat again.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003


    http://dutchwaregear.com
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Hammock
    Dutch 11
    Tarp
    Toxaway w ZQ mods
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    Posts
    361
    Shug does breakfast from the hammock, we do breakfast from the diner.

  10. #50
    doogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Birdsboro, PA
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Posts
    1,148
    Images
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    We have a nice big titanium grill that we throw over the fire pit. In general we all bring out own meat but there is usually enough to share. You don't want to be that poor sucker eating freezedried meals or hot dogs when everyone is eating steak. This is a 50 yard walk from the car so comforts are abound. BigCarl graces us with smoked cheeses and sausages. Avoid GLP's sausage though. I usually have a salad to compliment my steak and a bottle of wine will help you sleep through the snoring. In the morning we usually go to a diner for breakfast. So it is eat, drink, sleep, eat again.
    This sounds good, I think I'll put in extra effort to make it. BTW, will there be some Dutch ware available for purchase? I think my new tarp will need some hardware
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. Itís the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Similar Threads

  1. PA>501 Shelter>Mar 15th Overnighter
    By Black Foot in forum Northeast
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 16:43
  2. PA>501 Shelter>Jan 4th Overnighter
    By Black Foot in forum Northeast
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 17:15
  3. PA-501 shelter-Nov 2nd overnighter
    By Dutch in forum Northeast
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 18:48
  4. Overnighter at the 501 Shelter. Mar 9 - 10th
    By fishbait in forum Northeast
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 14:47
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 16:58

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •