HH, ENO, GT, soon-BIAS, Dream
    Tarp
    70D Hex more soon!
    Insulation
    Nest/sniveller
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings.com

Ontario GTA hammock dads

Hey folks any local fathers with young kids looking to do group meet ups? I'm thinking of trying to get a regular meetup together where new fathers/soon to be fathers can get together, chill out talk about camping and the outdoor world and everything else.

The idea came to me as I've found myself pulling away from most of my buddies being one of the only ones married with kids. Finding that my lifestyle is changing it would be nice to have some new buddies who know what we're all going through. To top it off it'd be cool to also have kids that my son could interact with, to hopefully get him interested in the outdoors (not for a few years yet!). We could look at doing day trips and short father/kid outings, but also just basic meetups at local pubs or get togethers.

I figured I'd try this out here first before I canvas more Ontario specific groups. Of course we wouldn't restrict anyone from coming out as long as you don't mind hanging out with a bunch of married guys who smell faintly of baby puke and look like we haven't slept since Halloween.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    Winter fat
    Quote Originally Posted by surreal_trip View Post
    Hey folks any local fathers with young kids looking to do group meet ups? I'm thinking of trying to get a regular meetup together where new fathers/soon to be fathers can get together, chill out talk about camping and the outdoor world and everything else.

The idea came to me as I've found myself pulling away from most of my buddies being one of the only ones married with kids. Finding that my lifestyle is changing it would be nice to have some new buddies who know what we're all going through. To top it off it'd be cool to also have kids that my son could interact with, to hopefully get him interested in the outdoors (not for a few years yet!). We could look at doing day trips and short father/kid outings, but also just basic meetups at local pubs or get togethers.

I figured I'd try this out here first before I canvas more Ontario specific groups. Of course we wouldn't restrict anyone from coming out as long as you don't mind hanging out with a bunch of married guys who smell faintly of baby puke and look like we haven't slept since Halloween.
    Sounds like an interesting idea.
    You'll find that your buddies will eventually catch up to you with the kids and all. I was one of those guys that got settled into life early (house, wife and kids) and now most of my buddies are catching up.
    I may be interested in something like this. My oldest son (going on 4) is into backpacking and camping, and a bit less into camp ground camping. If that is of interest, we might be in.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    It's a good idea. I wouldn't mind meeting some new/soon to be dads. My kids are still a little young to come out but I can certainly relate. Of course, the kids themselves would hinder me coming out very often but I might be able to make it to one or two outings.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Pheonix/Burrow 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Ontario GTA hammock dads

Bubba - how old are your kids?
    My 2 have been camping since they were infants (car camping - in a tent)

Their first canoe trip in Algonquin they were 9 and 7

As for camping dads - I'm in for it
    Liam (he's 11) is up for anything
    Last year he was in the stern of the canoe and got us through 2 lakes and a distance of about 7km

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Sounds great!, but my kids are too young still to head out (according to my wife)

Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Sounds cool. My 9yr old daughter's been bugging me to come along on a hang. Hopefully gender's not an issue.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

Upcoming EGL Hangs:
    tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports:
    The Collection Follow me on Instagram

• + New Posts