Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images

3 to 5 days on the AT?

Anyone interested in doing a 3 - 5 day hike on the AT in spring or early summer? I am pretty open for which section to do though I am in FL so a southern section would be better transportation wise.

Vital Stats:
    Age 41
    Married
    Professional Geek
    Typically hike 3 mph and average 10 - 15 miles per day.

Thanks,

--louis

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL Snipe
    Tarp
    OES10x12catcutSpin
    Insulation
    Yeti,HG
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    I usually spend a week on the AT in the spring. Haven't made plans so far, I'm up to Daleville Va. heading north. I'll let you know when I make some plans.

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I've always wanted to do the Georgia part. We could carpool. Let look at the calendar and run it by the wife.

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I've always wanted to do the Georgia part. We could carpool. Let look at the calendar and run it by the wife.
    That would be cool. My original plan was to do Springer to Neels or Dicks Creek. The first would take 3 days and the second 5. Let me know if you might be interested.

--louis

Hammock
    Dutchware half zipped
    Tarp
    Cheap Amazon speci
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20 UG
    Suspension
    Dutchware beetle b
    If this invite is open to anyone, I may take you up on this offer.
    I don't have any insane friends that like to torture themselves living in the woods for days at a time.

Stats 28 year old male
    Pretty decent shape since the military makes me stay that way.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Color me interested. Depending on when it occurs, I may or may not be able to go. My Sundays and Mondays are always open, but Fridays and Saturdays are hard for me to get off of work (and I work evenings, so I get out of work around midnight on Saturday night). A Tuesday is not hard for me to get off.

I don't usually average 3 mph (closer to 2.5 mph on the flat, dropping a bit depending on elevation change), but I'm good for a ten or fifteen miler each day in that terrain, no sweat.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WBRR DL
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 03XJeep View Post
    If this invite is open to anyone, I may take you up on this offer.
    I don't have any insane friends that like to torture themselves living in the woods for days at a time.

Stats 28 year old male
    Pretty decent shape since the military makes me stay that way.
    It is open to anyone who wants to go. The more the merrier IMHO.

Color me interested. Depending on when it occurs, I may or may not be able to go. My Sundays and Mondays are always open, but Fridays and Saturdays are hard for me to get off of work (and I work evenings, so I get out of work around midnight on Saturday night). A Tuesday is not hard for me to get off.

I don't usually average 3 mph (closer to 2.5 mph on the flat, dropping a bit depending on elevation change), but I'm good for a ten or fifteen miler each day in that terrain, no sweat.

No problem on the speed. We can hike together or meet up at designated points during the day.

I just spoke with my wife and found out her fam is visiting us for six weeks mid April which means I would need to go late March/early April or in June. It would take a day to drive up and a day back so take that into account. I can get off pretty easy so we could drive up on a Sunday but that would put us coming back late Wednesday or Thursday if we hiked Springer to Neels.

Thanks,

--louis

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I'll be doing at least two AT trips this year. More than 3-5 days, but folks could join for whatever part they'd like.

I did the southern half of PA last fall and will likely do the northern half this spring.

I did most of NH last August and will finish it and perhaps a short bit of southern ME this August.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by louisfb View Post
    No problem on the speed. We can hike together or meet up at designated points during the day.

I just spoke with my wife and found out her fam is visiting us for six weeks mid April which means I would need to go late March/early April or in June. It would take a day to drive up and a day back so take that into account. I can get off pretty easy so we could drive up on a Sunday but that would put us coming back late Wednesday or Thursday if we hiked Springer to Neels.

Thanks,

--louis
    That'd be great. March/April would probably work better for me than June, but it really depends on when it falls. I've already committed to the Bold City Hang, which is the second-to-last last weekend in March. And, more'n likely, getting a Wednesday off wouldn't be too hard for me, either.

Depending on how you want to do shuttling, I'd be willing to drive up after work on a Saturday night/Sunday morning; that'd get me to Springer just before dawn. I don't have much of an issue in hiking after a drive like that. The only problems I run into are on the road; I need to remember to make myself some coffee for the drive before I leave home. No worries.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    I would have an interest in this hike if it is in June. I will keep an eye on this thread. I teach at Ohio State and the semester ends in May. I would rather do the longer 5 day hiike if I am driving that far, but I can always keep hiking. My goal was to do Springer to Fontana Dam over 2-3 weeks, but this might help me break it up a bit.

Rain Man-Post what you are looking at doing as well, you never know what dates will match up with others availability...and PA is closer to OH.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast