WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    There are fees for entering any of the State Parks There may be other park or ramp fees. So far none for the river camps have a fee. Shelter space is limited at the River camps. They are a first come first served basis. There are places to set a tent up and a few (very few) places to hang. When I called the other day, there were no groups scheduled to use the river camps. I did not make a reservation.

You will be responsible for any entrance, parking or shuttle fees that you may encounter. If you are wanting to join for any fraction of the trip, I have listed a few access points.

This is a list of access points for the section of the river that we will be paddling on. They show river mile, GPS and road directions to the access point. The GPS so you can find them on the water and the directions so you can drive to them. The river miles are variable based on water level but the distances should be within 15%.

After we launch on Friday, assisting with setting up a shuttle will be limited. There are many places that will shuttle (for a fee). I have used Suwannee River Rendezvous in the past. I left my vehicle and they picked us up in Branford returned us and boats to the vehicle. I’m sorry I don’t remember what the fee was. Canoe Outpost also does shuttle service. There may be others.

If you are going to be able to join us, I will let everyone know how to contact at least one of us on the river so we can let you know where we are.

(The first number is river mile. Second set of numbers, GPS, then the name of the location and directions)

103.3 | 30 07.63, -83 13.53 | Lafayette Blue Springs State Park Ramp. From Mayo, travel west on US 27 to CR 292; turn right and go north to NW Blue Springs Road; turn right and follow road to Lafayette Blue Springs State Park.

98.2 | 30 05.93, -83 10.26 | Hal W. Adams Bridge Ramp. From Mayo, travel north on SR 51 to the river and the ramp is on the right.

97.4 | 30 06.49, -83 09.89 | Telford Springs Ramp. From Live Oak, travel south on SR 51 to 180 Street; turn left; travel east to 203 Road; turn right and follow to boat ramp.

92.9 | 30 05.45, -83 06.71 | Hardenbergh Ramp. From Mayo, travel east on US 27 to NE CR 361; turn left; travel north to NE CR 354; cross over to NE Pecan Avenue; turn right on NE River Road and follow to boat ramp.

90.4 | 30 05.00, -83 04.44 | Hugh Byron Hollingsworth, Sr. Ramp. From Live Oak, take SR 51 south to CR 349; turn left on CR 349; travel south to 198 Terrace; turn right and travel west to 157 Lane; turn left and follow road to 198 Trail; turn left and travel east to 157 Drive; turn right into park.

86.6 | 30 02.78, -83 02.20 | Ft. Macomb Ramp. From Mayo, travel east on US 27 to CR 410; turn left on CR 410; follow to boat ramp.

83.7 | 30 01.01, -83 00.36 | Walker Tract Launch. From Branford, travel west on US 27 to NE CR 425; turn right and travel
    north; at the end of the pavement the road becomes NE Jeff Walker Road; turn right on the first dirt road to the right and follow to canoe launch.

82.0 | 30 00.43, -82 59.02 | Ruth Springs Launch. From Branford, travel west on US 27 to NE CR 425; turn right and travel
    north to NE Ruth Springs Road; turn right and take the first dirt road to the left and follow to canoe launch.

79.0 | 29 58.61, -82 57.71 | Patrician Oaks Ramp. From Branford, travel west on US 27 to NE Lantana Road; turn right and
    follow road to boat ramp.

76.0 | 29 57.23, -82 55.69 | Ivey Memorial Park Ramp. Boat ramp is located in Branford on the south side of US 27 at the
    Bridge in Ivey Memorial Park.

I hope this helps!

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    Oh! Yes, I do plan on taking a guitar.

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Anyone know of the water level? I've only been on the river once and had to walk next to my canoe more than I was in it.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=tae

Has realtime and forcast data!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by itsandy View Post
    There are fees for entering any of the State Parks There may be other park or ramp fees. So far none for the river camps have a fee. Shelter space is limited at the River camps. They are a first come first served basis. There are places to set a tent up and a few (very few) places to hang. When I called the other day, there were no groups scheduled to use the river camps. I did not make a reservation.

You will be responsible for any entrance, parking or shuttle fees that you may encounter. If you are wanting to join for any fraction of the trip, I have listed a few access points.

This is a list of access points for the section of the river that we will be paddling on. They show river mile, GPS and road directions to the access point. The GPS so you can find them on the water and the directions so you can drive to them. The river miles are variable based on water level but the distances should be within 15%.

After we launch on Friday, assisting with setting up a shuttle will be limited. There are many places that will shuttle (for a fee). I have used Suwannee River Rendezvous in the past. I left my vehicle and they picked us up in Branford returned us and boats to the vehicle. I’m sorry I don’t remember what the fee was. Canoe Outpost also does shuttle service. There may be others.

If you are going to be able to join us, I will let everyone know how to contact at least one of us on the river so we can let you know where we are.

(The first number is river mile. Second set of numbers, GPS, then the name of the location and directions)

103.3 | 30 07.63, -83 13.53 | Lafayette Blue Springs State Park Ramp. From Mayo, travel west on US 27 to CR 292; turn right and go north to NW Blue Springs Road; turn right and follow road to Lafayette Blue Springs State Park.

98.2 | 30 05.93, -83 10.26 | Hal W. Adams Bridge Ramp. From Mayo, travel north on SR 51 to the river and the ramp is on the right.

97.4 | 30 06.49, -83 09.89 | Telford Springs Ramp. From Live Oak, travel south on SR 51 to 180 Street; turn left; travel east to 203 Road; turn right and follow to boat ramp.

92.9 | 30 05.45, -83 06.71 | Hardenbergh Ramp. From Mayo, travel east on US 27 to NE CR 361; turn left; travel north to NE CR 354; cross over to NE Pecan Avenue; turn right on NE River Road and follow to boat ramp.

90.4 | 30 05.00, -83 04.44 | Hugh Byron Hollingsworth, Sr. Ramp. From Live Oak, take SR 51 south to CR 349; turn left on CR 349; travel south to 198 Terrace; turn right and travel west to 157 Lane; turn left and follow road to 198 Trail; turn left and travel east to 157 Drive; turn right into park.

86.6 | 30 02.78, -83 02.20 | Ft. Macomb Ramp. From Mayo, travel east on US 27 to CR 410; turn left on CR 410; follow to boat ramp.

83.7 | 30 01.01, -83 00.36 | Walker Tract Launch. From Branford, travel west on US 27 to NE CR 425; turn right and travel
    north; at the end of the pavement the road becomes NE Jeff Walker Road; turn right on the first dirt road to the right and follow to canoe launch.

82.0 | 30 00.43, -82 59.02 | Ruth Springs Launch. From Branford, travel west on US 27 to NE CR 425; turn right and travel
    north to NE Ruth Springs Road; turn right and take the first dirt road to the left and follow to canoe launch.

79.0 | 29 58.61, -82 57.71 | Patrician Oaks Ramp. From Branford, travel west on US 27 to NE Lantana Road; turn right and
    follow road to boat ramp.

76.0 | 29 57.23, -82 55.69 | Ivey Memorial Park Ramp. Boat ramp is located in Branford on the south side of US 27 at the
    Bridge in Ivey Memorial Park.

I hope this helps!
    Wow dude! You are a trip whisperer! Thanks for the info. I heard those camps are nice! I remember there is a Natural spring right before the old (I think an railroad ) bridge on the left. The river starts to curve under that bridge. It was surrounded by gray clay. We filtered our water out of that spring. Some of the best tasting Fla. water I have ever tasted. The opening to see it is small. You can easily miss it. The river was at 10 ft above normal when we paddled it several years ago. It was the year the four canes went across the state and dumped a lot of rain in GA. Try to find that water, it was good.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMart View Post
    Is there a sign up sheet?
    If it gets to the point that one is needed I can put one up. But for now, it looks like we are not going to be a large group.

With Andy's planning skills at the helm, I'm sure all the details will flow smoothly.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    zpks bivy (fav DH DUL)
    Tarp
    zpacks pocket tarp
    Insulation
    ugq tq-wm ultralit
    Suspension
    ground
    Images

great place

hey hey hey, Holton camp is free. say hello to the host there Mr James Thompson aka "jimmy t". If you do stay there walk 5 minutes and see the largest cypress tree in those parts

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    hey hey hey, Holton camp is free. say hello to the host there Mr James Thompson aka "jimmy t". If you do stay there walk 5 minutes and see the largest cypress tree in those parts
    I'd love to see that tree! Maybe that's a place we can stop for lunch if it's on the way?
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast