Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Big Daddy Tarp
    Insulation
    CCF/
    Suspension
    Whoopee Sling
    I have checked at 3 local Home Depots and an ace hardware. can't find it anywhere! I swear this stuff doesn't exist! I'm going to try lowes because it seems a few people have had luck but after that I quit. I was trying to save shipping costs but I've probably spent more in gas at this point.

Hammock
    DL 1.4 ripstop gathered end
    Tarp
    8x10 flat silnylon
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    whoopie/shackle
    Quote Originally Posted by namnat View Post
    My local Hope Depot does not carry reflectix! What a shame. The guy didn't even know what it was.Oh well. Guess ill have to drive 45 minutes to get some.

I did find some stuff that is similar to the reflectix but instead of the bubble wrap, it has rubber or a rubber like material sandwiched between the foil. Has anyone tried that stuff?

Just thought I'd throw my frustrations out there.
    Mine either...I went to Lowes too and Ace Hardware too. I tried the closest thing they had to make a cozy and it was just crap (at least I was only out $5) so I buckled and bought a 16"x25' roll of reflectix and a 2"x25' roll of tape off amazon for ~$25 shipped (I have Prime). I figure I can make all the cozy's I can dream of and a sleeping pad with it and still have some left over.

It will arrive on Thursday but I'll be out of town for a few days. By next weekend I should have all my Reflectix projects completed. I'm not making any promises but if I have a lot of stuff leftover I'd be happy to ship out some cozy kits (a few square feet of Reflectix and tape) to people at cost.
    Last edited by jordo_99; 02-13-2013 at 14:17.

Hammock
    WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I checked one of my local home depots and they didn't have it, or at least the employees had no idea what it was. I even combed the entire store a few times. Nothing. But I did find a large car windshield sun visor, which is practically the same, and have made two cozies and a cozy for my drinking mug. The car sun visor works well as an alternative. Easy to work with.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    I know its been mentioned but I bought mine from Lowes. They carried it in 3 different sizes.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123