Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    I have GTs, not ENOs... But I understand they are extremely similar. I have both the double and the single and while the double's extra room is nice, for backpacking I find the single is just fine. I can get the same lay in both, it just takes a little more work in the single.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Cheap Mummy/ Pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Images
    Double nest is your best shot. Make sure when you get it toss the rope crap out of the hammock and the caribeeners and put whoopies or continuous loop their the best. Do not buy their suspension,tarps or underquilt I can tell you its crap the only good thing is it does not strech. The under quilt does not have quality down and messed up baffles."Their Tarps are crap you can get a better bang for your buck with cottage vendors. But just like everybody says DN is pretty good for you ENO wise. The wider the hammock the better your lay so get as long and wide as you can.
    Bacon and Camping makes me happy.

"When life gives you lemons throw them back"
    Me

I camp in bear country and I am a bear Burrito.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjahamockman View Post
    Double nest is your best shot. Make sure when you get it toss the rope crap out of the hammock and the caribeeners and put whoopies or continuous loop their the best. Do not buy their suspension,tarps or underquilt I can tell you its crap the only good thing is it does not strech. The under quilt does not have quality down and messed up baffles."Their Tarps are crap you can get a better bang for your buck with cottage vendors. But just like everybody says DN is pretty good for you ENO wise. The wider the hammock the better your lay so get as long and wide as you can.
    Honestly, I like their new atlas straps. I use my ENO when car camping and weight isn't an issue, and their atlas straps are a breeze to set up, albeit a little heavy.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Re: Double nest vs Single?

So the best thing to get is a DN?.... im new with hammock camping . never camped in one before. I was looking to get the SN. Cause im not that tall. Im 5'8 about 200 pounds. Im pretty short and stocky.... I just thought the SN was good enough or should I get the DN. Thanks

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie

Double nest vs Single?

Get the dn it's not much bigger or heavier when packed and its roomier! Plus you might want to share it sometime.
    Carpe noctem!!

Hammock
    DIY hammy
    Tarp
    prezidential suite
    Insulation
    diy underquilt
    Suspension
    straps n buckles

Cool DN w/ side stretch knotty mod

you are in the right place to ask questions.. keep searching and pick threads w/ lots of responses..

boy howdy your in 4 a treat if you keep your seat.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    You'll read the phrase "Dial it in" alot on this forum. Many times a small adjustment will dramatically affect your comfort (structural ridgeline length, underquilt taughtness ect). I think you'd find that you could get comfortable in a SN but, the DN will have a larger margin for error or "sweet spot". It will be easier/faster to "Dial it in" with a DN.

Either way you'll learn alot.

Good Luck.

Hammock
    Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow20, ZpacksUQ
    Suspension
    duh. Becket Hitch.
    Images
    Hmm... DoubleNest or Single? Snipe!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Big Blue Tarp!
    Insulation
    B.A.N.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Double nest for sure. I bought a One Link system with the single nest because it's about the same width as some of my other comfortable hammocks. Turns out that width includes the extra fabric "wings" sewn on to the edges. That extra fabric doesn't really seem to contribute to weight-bearing, and effectively makes the hammock quite a bit narrower... For instance, a $15 Texsport Hobo Hammock 2 is almost identical in actual sheet length/width as the single nest. I can lay very comfortably in that hammock, and it doesn't take me long to find the sweet spot (I'm a side sleeper). I gave up on trying to get comfortable in the single nest and ordered the double.

Most of my time is spent trekking in the jungle or paddling a sea kayak. I love every part of my One Link system with Atlas straps, and wouldn't change a thing other than the carabiners. ENO sells quality ones, but they're around $17 for two. You can get the same biner from REI for around $6 each. I wouldn't use the new 400 pound ones that come with any new hammock.

Cheers,
    Matt

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I wouldn't get either...too expensive for what they are. For that price you can get one from our wonderful cottage guys such as BIAS and have a quality piece of gear. But then again, if everyone did what I suggest this thread would've never happened...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast