WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    2 color whoopies... and painted a toggle...

John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by OldRagFreeze View Post
    Out of curiousity; those of you who are NOT using WBBBs or other footbox hammocks, why do you care which is head or foot?
    So I know which way I am laying (where my head is going to be) and facing when sitting in the hammock (with my DarienUL) so I can see the sun rise, or whatever else may be out there to see.

I also have a bug sock for my netless hammock, it's a gathered end with a draw cord (from PapaSmurf), so same with this one, wanna know which way I'm layin.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    Out of curiousity; those of you who are NOT using WBBBs or other footbox hammocks, why do you care which is head or foot?
    no foot box.....but it just seems wrong if I lay the wrong way....maybe it is that I jsut feel more comfortable swinging my legs to the right....and not the left???

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    ... But guys, which way you swing your legs is irrelevant to which way you hang the hammock. Am I missing something?
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Here's what I ended up doing. My daughter has a large supply of nail polish, so she picked a color, and I colored the head end of the double sided stuff sack.

... But guys, which way you swing your legs is irrelevant to which way you hang the hammock. Am I missing something?
    My netless hammock has a distinct head end and foot end when I am using the bug sock, so yes it does matter which way I swing my legs and where my head goes. When I am not using my sock then no it doesn't matter.

My Darien UL is asym cut so I must lay head left feet right, so again it does matter where my head and foot end are.

Also every netted hammock I have ever used has always been a head left feet right style too it, in the morning when I want breakfast from the hammock all I have to do is open the zipper and lean out and get my things.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    My netless hammock has a distinct head end and foot end when I am using the bug sock, so yes it does matter which way I swing my legs and where my head goes. When I am not using my sock then no it doesn't matter.

My Darien UL is asym cut so I must lay head left feet right, so again it does matter where my head and foot end are.

Also every netted hammock I have ever used has always been a head left feet right style too it, in the morning when I want breakfast from the hammock all I have to do is open the zipper and lean out and get my things.
    Ya I get it with directional (for lack of a better term) hammocks, I was asking in reference to standard, gathered-end hammocks... I could be mistaken but I believe some of the people in here discussing their method of distinguishing head from foot are using these.

I expected the answer to be 'I don't want to put my head where my feet have been...' but was just wondering if there was more to it. By the time I bed down on one of my backpacking trips putting my head somewhere my (de-booted) feet have been is the least of my concerns.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a double ended stuff sacks for my hammocks. What I like to do is on the head end I just weave the drawcord around my continuos loop for my Whoopie Hooks. That end will stay closed indefinitely and the stuff sack will never blow away.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    I use whoopie slings so I painted the plastic bead on the head end with red nail polish.

I have one 'directional' tarp (Clark hammock) so I put a spot of red nail polish on the head end of that as well.

On my wind sock I painted the letter "H" on the head end of that using a Sharpie white marker (which is actually paint).

Lots of way to mark them

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC Multicam 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly w/door
    Insulation
    R-11
    Suspension
    Over the Shoulder
    I just put a green piece of small cloth I found at JoAnns off the floor on head end. Lady said, "Um, sure, you can have that."

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast