WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies

A quilt for me

I know these threads have been started a lot, but I wanted advice specially on me. I am getting a quilt shortly(as soon as my tax return gets here) and I'm so lost on what to get. Price is not an issue, but here is some about me that might(?) Make choosing easier. I am 5' 10" 150 lbs. I have a WLLO that I sleep in the most, but also use my GTUL. I live in Washington state, and will use it year round, so I need something into the 20s or less. I want full length, but they are all WAY taller than me. Yup...that's it I think. Thanks for the help.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL ENO D, WW
    Tarp
    HG Cuben &Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20*TQ & 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You could probably contact a few of the quilt makers like Storm Crow at Hammock Gear and get him to make a custom quilt for you. Might cost more but like you said money is no object.
    "Life's short, if you don't stop and look around every once in a while you might miss it". FB

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I believe that Hammock Gear will make custom length quilts. I have the 20*F Incubator and I have never been cold in it. For warmer temps, I simply don't cinch it up as tight as I normally would. I have been comfy in a wide range of temps in this way. I also have a 40*F 3/4 length UQ from Hammock Gear (The Phoenix). I love it too. I am 6'3" - and the Phoenix goes from the base of my neck to just above the back of my knee. It's possible that a 20*F Phoenix would meet your needs and keep you warm.

Hope that helps some.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Adam over at Hammock Gear will pretty much make any length UQ you ask for. Ive had them make me UQ of all different lengths and widths. Id contact Hammock Gear.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Alright, hammock gear it is for a custom made quilt. I'll keep an eye out for other options too. Thank you for the replies.

Hammock
    WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    On a side note, what is a good length quilt? Do I want it to go head to toe? A little more? Little less?

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    If you're looking for total, no-worries, zero fiddle factor comfort- you cannot go wrong with a full length under quilt. It eliminates the need for additional insulation (such as pads) as long as you are within the temp range of the quilt you buy. To keep going with the Hammock Gear vibe that is pervasive on this thread, the standard Incubator will cover you from head to toe within the hammock. Like I said, I've never been cold in my 20*F Incubator, and I've had it down a little under 20 degrees. I like the full length for the simplicity it offers.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bkautzman89 View Post
    On a side note, what is a good length quilt? Do I want it to go head to toe? A little more? Little less?
    It really just depends on what you are looking and its a personal preference thing. I use short quilts in the warmer months and use full lengths in the winter months. I generally have a pillow underneath my head so I don't need the UQ to cover my head but I want it to go down to past my feet to keep those warm. So I had Adam sew me up a 67'' Phincubator that will cover from my shoulders to a few inches past my feet. The reason for this is I don't need my head to be covered as I generally always use a pillow but I want my feet covered cause they tend to get cold and I get condensation when I use a pad underneath my feet. So the real question is how much coverage do you want? Hope this helps.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WLLO
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE NR UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    It all helps a lot, thank you. It would definitely be full length, since it would be a quilt I would be using year round. Or at least nearly year round. I guess maybe I'll get one that is a couple inches taller than me, so in the 72"-74" range.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bkautzman89 View Post
    It all helps a lot, thank you. It would definitely be full length, since it would be a quilt I would be using year round. Or at least nearly year round. I guess maybe I'll get one that is a couple inches taller than me, so in the 72"-74" range.
    Well the stock Incubator is 78 inches in length.

I am getting an Phincubator at 67 inches in length which should cover me from shoulders to a few inches past my feet. I am 6ft.

So a 72"-74" range would yes most likely cover you from head to toe. However remember to take into account that you will not be laying straight but at a diagonal and a little bit of wiggle room never hurt anyone. Also, I spoke with Adam at Hammock Gear this weekend and he suggested to me its better to have a few extra inches then be a few inches to short.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast