Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoop Soup View Post
    I think this is the set up I am buying for the BIAS sale Campus Lounger hammock:
    First Layer (inside*): Orange
    Double Layer (outside*): Maroon
    (Not sure what this is) Knotty Mod: None
    Suspension Kit: 100-inch straps, toggles (Not sure what this is) and whoopies (I assume this is the whoopie straps
    Carabiner Upgrade: None
    Whoopie Hooks: Dutchware titanium whoopie hooks
    Ridgeline: Standard 9 foot
    Bug net: None
    How does this sound? Thank you guys for checking with this thread

Will
    I would reconsider the "knotty mod" as it helps a lot with keeping your cover in the hammock, a very worrisome problem for many.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    HBO Hilton
    Insulation
    HBO Penny Puffer
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    I've been lurking around Youtube and found Equipt2Endure (Great channel) and his Eno review were pretty nice. Along with some other findings, and lots of input from this thread and others, I'm going with the ATC Hammock Combo that Eagle Outfitters has offered. The DoubleNest is the Eno that my friend I had mentioned has and the Atlas straps with them is good. It isn't much of a bundle because I think it costs the same as DoubleNest + Atlas Straps without the bundle, but it supports the Appalachian Trail Conservation. Is this a good choice for what I'm going to be using it for (Mostly backpacking, car camp, backyard reading/lounging)? Thanks to everyone for responding.

Will
    I bought the ATC combo for my wife this Christmas and she loves it! I am an Eagle Scout and have been hanging since I was 12. Luckily we had a great ScoutMaster that encouraged hammocking. I bought my ENO DN 10 years ago and it has been a great purchase. If you look in the DIY section and look under the JC Penny UQ thread you will see it with my UQ that I just built. If you have a JCP close you might want to check their stock of jackets after reading the thread. it's a great, cheap, way of warming up your hang. Good luck!

YIS
    HB

I was thinking about the ATC but they are sold out so I'm going with the Campus Lounger from BIAS and I think that would be the better alternative (more wallet-friendly, great reviews from the forumers and comes in orange ) The Mom is open to the idea so all I have to is give her time to "think it over" as she puts it. I'm pumped! Thanks to everyone for posting!

Will

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    This is a video about the "knotty mod." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0VfSILeRGs.
    I think the thread on the forum about it is called "stretch-side hammock." The choices and options can be almost overwhelming and once a person gets bit by the hammocking bug, most own more than one hammock.

Here is an explanation of how the strap and toggles work using a marlin spike hitch. http://www.buttinasling.com/tosyse.html.

There is a video on three different suspension systems, you need to scroll down quite a ways to find it: http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/setup.php
    Last edited by grannypat; 02-12-2013 at 19:08.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Also, in case nobody has already mentioned it, I highly recommend "The Ultimate Hang" http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Hang-.../dp/1466263687 Great beginning primer and one that I use as a reference.

It's happened. The orders have been placed. The nails have been bit. The suspense is beginning to gnaw on my nerves, and I clicked "Submit" a mere 30 seconds ago. I'm getting...
    DoubleNest!
    I had my Boy Scout meeting tonight and a young ASM told me he had one and highly recommended it. I tallied this against and along with all the great input the forums have given me, and I decided to order it along with a pair of Atlas straps.
    I can't thank you guys enough for helping my with this, and now that my journey is even closer to beginning, I'll be one of you soon! I have a one night car camping trip this Friday, so if the hammock is delivered by then (I pray it is), I'll take some pictures and give you a detailed story of my experience Saturday night. Thank you! And don't worry, I'll just be around to pester you more now.

Will

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    HBO Hilton
    Insulation
    HBO Penny Puffer
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    It's happened. The orders have been placed. The nails have been bit. The suspense is beginning to gnaw on my nerves, and I clicked "Submit" a mere 30 seconds ago. I'm getting...
    DoubleNest!
    I had my Boy Scout meeting tonight and a young ASM told me he had one and highly recommended it. I tallied this against and along with all the great input the forums have given me, and I decided to order it along with a pair of Atlas straps.
    I can't thank you guys enough for helping my with this, and now that my journey is even closer to beginning, I'll be one of you soon! I have a one night car camping trip this Friday, so if the hammock is delivered by then (I pray it is), I'll take some pictures and give you a detailed story of my experience Saturday night. Thank you! And don't worry, I'll just be around to pester you more now.

Will
    CONGRATS!!! I just got a set of Atlas straps for my birthday and love them. The regular straps had the loops too far aboart so I never had any interest. Once I discovered the Atlas straps I was hooked! They have definetly made setting up very quick and easy.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Congratulations. Have fun, and give us a trip report.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    ENO DN was my first hammock also since I had a gift certificate from REI. I think you'll enjoy it a lot. Congrats and welcome once again to the forums.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Don't know if you are close to this area or have someone to take you, but there is a group hang schedule in March in Arkansas. Even if you just go for the day to look at everybody's set up, I highly recommend attending.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=65153

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast