Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
    Ok, so about a year and a half ago I got this Tommy Hamaca X Grande Mayan hammock from Seaside Hammocks, and since then, my bed hardly gets any use.

I love this thing. It is so comfortable, especially in the summer! Also, since I'm always sleeping in a hammock, when I go on a backpacking trip, it's almost like I'm at home. I highly recommend one, even if it doesn't get used on a nightly basis.
    Hey Stubbs! I am looking into getting a Mayan myself to use as a home bed (at least during summer...) and I am wondering whether to go for the X Grande or the XX Grande. What is the bed size of your X grande? I am 6 feet tall myself and I would love it to be roomy (at least I think I do). The hanging distance will be at about 15 feet.
    I also have a HH Explorer Deluxe and while one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in, I would love a little more space for full time use...
    I would love some input mate and of course the rest of the folks. My funds are very limited and I would prefer to make a wise choice now than later...

Hammock
    DIY Silver Ghost
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB Seq., 3s-Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ilianto View Post
    Hey Stubbs! I am looking into getting a Mayan myself to use as a home bed (at least during summer...) and I am wondering whether to go for the X Grande or the XX Grande. What is the bed size of your X grande? I am 6 feet tall myself and I would love it to be roomy (at least I think I do). The hanging distance will be at about 15 feet.
    I also have a HH Explorer Deluxe and while one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in, I would love a little more space for full time use...
    I would love some input mate and of course the rest of the folks. My funds are very limited and I would prefer to make a wise choice now than later...
    Honestly, the X Grande is plenty, even for a 6ft frame. I'd consider the Grande myself, if I was reordering. It is 8ft wide/13ft long/rated for 800lbs. I have the X, and it is unnecessarily huge, but I still love it. That one is 9ft wide/13ft long. I could fit three people laying perpendicular in this thing! They recommend 11-12ft hang for the Grande and X Grande, and a solid 12ft for the XX. Either way, the weave expands/contracts with however you lay in it, in these Mayans. I hope that was helpful.
    Stubbs

“Hearing is one of the body's five senses, but listening is an art.” - Frank Tyger

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    I Traded My Bed for a RidgeRunner.

Then I bought a Myan 14' and now I need a new taller stand... thinking I'll just build one. Not even considering going back to the bed.
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12