Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bridge apex buckle clip?

Hello everybody,

I just made myself some new suspension for my hammock (ucr with straps attached), and was wondering if anybody knows of anything that I could put as the apex hardware on my bridge hammock that I could use to detach from the suspension quickly, and easily, and is also light. Thinking somewhere along the lines of a whoopie hook from Dutch, but not sure it will fit both dog bones from corners of the bridge.

Thanks in advance!
    Mark

Hammock
    Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow20, ZpacksUQ
    Suspension
    duh. Becket Hitch.
    Images
    Dutch biner?

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I think either of those would work. Hook is lighter but you have to get 2 amsteel lines in the eye. It is not hard though. My idea is the hook it the apex with two dogbones making the triangle. They both are spliced right on the hooks eye. Loop on you ucr end goes on the hook part of the hook.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

I forgot about the dutch biner, how come it is not posted on the dutchtone website somewhere? Or am I just blind? I know you can get them from jrb. I was going to use a regular biner, which I may still do... I just thought about a nice little buckle that could parks head onto the suspension triangle legs, it might be a nice seller?? It would have to be titanium (not actually, just makes it sound better).
    I guess i will grab up a couple dutch biners and see how it works, thanks for the idea! Really appreciate it.
    Mark

Sorry, was having trouble with the post.

So, you can larks head 2 dogbones onto a whoopie hook?

I thought about doing it the other way too, I guess it doesn't matter, i just thought It would be nice to keep the dogbones together.

Currently i have a jrb bmbh with the webbing cut off and amsteel to replace it, but still using the rings that come with it. I like how the 2 rings on the corners receive the spreader bars, so I was going to stick with them. So I just need something to hook to the ucr and keep the triangle together.

Thanks
    Mark

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    The Dutch Biners work very well. That's what I'm using on my WBRR...photo link.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusforreal View Post
    I forgot about the dutch biner, how come it is not posted on the dutchtone website somewhere? Or am I just blind? I know you can get them from jrb. I was going to use a regular biner, which I may still do... I just thought about a nice little buckle that could parks head onto the suspension triangle legs, it might be a nice seller?? It would have to be titanium (not actually, just makes it sound better).
    I guess i will grab up a couple dutch biners and see how it works, thanks for the idea! Really appreciate it.
    Mark
    I don't have them on my site yet. I plan on adding them soon though. Contact me and I get you a pair.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

Thanks gmcttr and dutch,
    I will have to finalize what I want and make sure I will be able to pay my bills before spending more on durchware.

I am a big fan of dutchware. I have not used the flyz or stingerz yet, but I like the prussik method for my tarps, and I tried figure 9s, but hated the whole concept. Not sure if I will ever try them, but I do have the titanium clips (2 sets, and I just made a new suspension that doesn't incorporate them... ), a Dutch buckle set, the clip on tarp pullouts, and a bunch of ridge line biners.

I wonder, Dutch, do you have any plans to come out with a titanium suspension biner? I know the whoopie hook is basically a biner, and I am going to pick up a few to experiment with.

How strong are the titanium Dutch clips? Would I be able to use those as inline suspension components?

Too many questions, I know... hammocking is just too awesome, too many cool ways to hang your rig...

The latest way I came up with involves a short strap, with a triglide (or Dutch buckle, I used a spare set of JRB triglides because my Dutch buckle is staying where it is) with a ucr larks headed onto the loop of the strap and a 12" continuous loop prussiked onto the strap just above where the ucr connects. So to use, adjust the triglide for the size of tree, double it back, loop the continuous loop around triglide, and clip hammock to ucr and adjust! I have only used it in the basement so far, but is pretty cool. The reason i was leaning more towards the biner is because if the distance is short, you can clip directly into the loop in the strap. So I am now looking for a new piece of gear for the apex of the triangle to cilp onto the ucr, and thought I would ask the wonderfully generous people here on HF.

Thanks to everyone who contributes here and to all those who still go outside instead of watching TV!

Mark

P.S. sorry for the ginormous post

Oh and the reason I want to larks head the 2 dog bones to a buckle of some sort is that I found when I did it that way it held the ring vertical which made for a better drip point. Not sure if that would matter or if I'm just thinking way too much

Mark

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusforreal View Post

I wonder, Dutch, do you have any plans to come out with a titanium suspension biner? I know the whoopie hook is basically a biner, and I am going to pick up a few to experiment with.

How strong are the titanium Dutch clips? Would I be able to use those as inline suspension components?
    Dutch Clips are not designed to be used inline. I keep working on the Ti Biner but life keeps getting in the way.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast