SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Come on then, let's go!

Thinking of these last couple of months that I've been home as a town stop are what keeps me sane. I still wear my hiking clothes daily, and even after many washes my mom says she can still smell them.
    I still forget to put the deodorant on!

Wish I could brother, but the savings got drained. Shootin for 2010 right now. Only problem is, PCT keeps creepin in my mind. If it wasn't for that **** tree-less desert!
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I still forget to put the deodorant on!

Wish I could brother, but the savings got drained. Shootin for 2010 right now. Only problem is, PCT keeps creepin in my mind. If it wasn't for that **** tree-less desert!
    Yeah. I'm gonna havew to keep this hike a little less expensive. I'm hoping $4k will be enough

I forget the deodorant a lot too. I also pee in the backyard every morning when I let my dog out. My first weekend back i hitch hiked to church. I've also hitched to my car at work because the employee parking is so far away. Just thumbed from a customer when the weather was crappy and they gave me a lift. I don't know if I will ever change.
    "Oh, like an Afghan Warlord"

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Winter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Next Year.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Next year in 2010 also.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Zeti UQ & WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Just curious, those of you who thruhike - what do you take and how do you keep your hammock gear together? Do you put everything except your tarp in a Bishops bag? Or do you keep them in separate snakeskins? I've got a WM bag, the HH backpacker in snakeskins and attached to my red ring strap biner system, a homemade UQ, and a JRB weathershield. Should I just stuff them all together into a stuff sack? Compression sack? Make a blackbishop's sack? I've definitely added pack weight over my tent, but I'm told it will be well worth it. Oh, and I know to keep my MacCat in its own stuffsack in the pocket of my backpack so it won't get anything wet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Just curious, those of you who thruhike - what do you take and how do you keep your hammock gear together? Do you put everything except your tarp in a Bishops bag? Or do you keep them in separate snakeskins? I've got a WM bag, the HH backpacker in snakeskins and attached to my red ring strap biner system, a homemade UQ, and a JRB weathershield. Should I just stuff them all together into a stuff sack? Compression sack? Make a blackbishop's sack? I've definitely added pack weight over my tent, but I'm told it will be well worth it. Oh, and I know to keep my MacCat in its own stuffsack in the pocket of my backpack so it won't get anything wet.
    I put my hammock, underquilt, and bugnet or sock (depending on weather) in a bishop bag. My tarp goes in homemade mesh skins that are strapped to the outside of the pack. Then my top blanket goes in a stuff sack inside the pack. In the summer I switch to a summer underquilt and top quilt that are a lot smaller, so the top blanket goes in the bishop bag also. I preffer the bishop bag because the underquilt and bugnet never leave the hammock. Or in the case of a HH, the underquilt always stays on. I can have my entire camp setup and be laying down in my hammock sometimes before a tenter finds a flat spot and gets the ground debris cleared out. Plus the hammocker is always real popular when you are camping away from a shelter and it's raining. Cooking under a roomy tarp that is a few feet off the ground seems more appealing than laying on your stomach cooking under a cramped vestibule.
    "Oh, like an Afghan Warlord"

Hammock
    2 Warbonnet BlackBird & Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SF+
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Me and my daughter plan to head out for spring break then Back out for the summer,(after school lets out)
    More like a long section hike..

ok I am bored today at work. I figure i wll pass some time by reading the some trail journals of folks hiking the AT. I scanned them and didn't find any good ones. I saw where KK was but didn't see any journal for him.

Any good AT TJ to read this yr?
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    HH Asym Expedition
    Tarp
    McCat Delux
    Insulation
    JRB Top and bottom
    Images
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=6625

Here is the journal for Karl, He just got out of Hot Springs looks like he is hiking well! GO KARL GO!

thanks!!!!
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast