Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap

Im just gonna say.....

OK....This isn't feedback about the forum itself. At least not so much as the format and the management thereof are concerned. Rather, its feedback in regards to the community at large. A review of the people that make it work. This refers to the moderators as well as - if not more so- the people that come here every day "just to help". This is my personal take of this forum and *spoiler alert!*, its gonna get a little mushy...... Excuse my grammer and punctuation. I'm not a freakin' poet Anyway.....

This is without a doubt the best forum I have ever subscribed to. I have frequented many through the years as my hobbies/interests change more often than Mr. Emery's witticisms (is that a word? I think I just made that up... wink). I have never been on a forum where I, even with my VERY limited contributions to the community, have felt so accepted, appreciated and welcomed. I have been on numerous forums where I have seen constant annoyance from veterans of the forums with the "NOOBS". They get annoyed with answering the same question over and over, sometimes rightfully so. However...you generally don't see that here. No matter how many times the question is asked, people here continually provide help whether it be in the form of links to past posts, articles, advice from experience in the field or the simple encouragement of a good idea. Some of this advice has been repeated over and over, post after "NOOBIE" post -repeated ad nauseum. Now, to be fair that happens on lots of Forums BUT..... the difference Ive seen here is that its never been said with even a hint of cynicism, snarkiness nor with the "Use the search function NOOB!" mentality. That's what makes this place special in my eyes and the reason I wanted to give feedback-- The camaraderie and helpful nature of the people on this forum is something to be commended. This is why I felt the need to give this feedback. This is why I continue to come back. This forum is a special place. and thanks for having me.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 season Cuben
    Insulation
    20* burrow/incubtr
    Suspension
    Webs,whoopi,&dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by robv60 View Post
    OK....This isn't feedback about the forum itself. At least not so much as the format and the management thereof are concerned. Rather, its feedback in regards to the community at large. A review of the people that make it work. This refers to the moderators as well as - if not more so- the people that come here every day "just to help". This is my personal take of this forum and *spoiler alert!*, its gonna get a little mushy...... Excuse my grammer and punctuation. I'm not a freakin' poet Anyway.....

This is without a doubt the best forum I have ever subscribed to. I have frequented many through the years as my hobbies/interests change more often than Mr. Emery's witticisms (is that a word? I think I just made that up... wink). I have never been on a forum where I, even with my VERY limited contributions to the community, have felt so accepted, appreciated and welcomed. I have been on numerous forums where I have seen constant annoyance from veterans of the forums with the "NOOBS". They get annoyed with answering the same question over and over, sometimes rightfully so. However...you generally don't see that here. No matter how many times the question is asked, people here continually provide help whether it be in the form of links to past posts, articles, advice from experience in the field or the simple encouragement of a good idea. Some of this advice has been repeated over and over, post after "NOOBIE" post -repeated ad nauseum. Now, to be fair that happens on lots of Forums BUT..... the difference Ive seen here is that its never been said with even a hint of cynicism, snarkiness nor with the "Use the search function NOOB!" mentality. That's what makes this place special in my eyes and the reason I wanted to give feedback-- The camaraderie and helpful nature of the people on this forum is something to be commended. This is why I felt the need to give this feedback. This is why I continue to come back. This forum is a special place. and thanks for having me.
    1+ mushy, and I love it! I agree 100%!

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    +2... Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks...

Mahna Mahna...

"The more we hang, the more we have to leave in the end" -Gresh

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I may seem a little senior, I only continue to come here for more than a year for this simple reason as well. I do my best to carry out the same courtesy and respect all others show. I would hate to see a day where this same feeling of comradery and comfort disinigrate into an average forum.

I have never been a part of any other forum, but I have a feeling if I try any other forum for a hobby of mine that I would not feel as welcome. I too love this place and enjoy spending time asking and answering questions and providing feedback and support for all you guys out there in the piney woods of the cyber world. Anyways this is a great feedback and I believe this is part of the reason this area is available to us. I'm glad you like it here as much as I do. You are not alone. See ya round
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Make that +3!

Hammock
    Eno Double Nest
    Tarp
    Eno Pro Fly
    Insulation
    I'm in Hawaii!
    Suspension
    Eno Slap Straps
    I totally feel the Aloha from this Ohana!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl,DIY 11 footer
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    phoenix 20F
    Suspension
    webbing&amp;dutchware
    Yup, well summed up.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    You couldnt be more on target. The people here are family,without ever saying it,but we are here for one another. The hangs are a gathering of some of the most different people from all walks of life,but there is a feeling of being a band of brothers. I would also like to add a thanks to all. My marriage of 25 years ended in divorce just before christmas time. You people got me through one of the loneliest times in my life.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Well stated, Robv60.
    Loki concurs ++
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    My wife met one of my hammock forum buddies the other night... Her first time meeting any of my internet friends... After about 20 minutes of listening to me and him chit chat... She turned to me and made a comment about "you have found your people"... Saying really struck home, I have met quite a few of you guys, and I have seriously bonded with a few of you guys... And the rest that I haven't met I'm sure are just the same category of nice folk...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast