Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    Winter fat
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil440 View Post
    I've kept mine pretty much stock. Sometimes, I remove the biners and use the loop in the original rope suspension with the marlin spike hitch in my straps.

I like the attached sack and I like the strap and buckle. I don't mind the stock rope. I don't like the stock carabiners.

I'd say, use it stock for awhile and determine if the hammock is "too heavy" or "too bulky" for you and then start modding. Some folks even cut off the "wings". Whatever. I guess that's why ultra-lighters are called "gram WEENIES."
    I'll see what biners come with mine as I just ordered it. I am heavily thinking of going with D rings as it looks like a quick and easy setup when fumbling in the dark.

As for weight... My pack is generally in the 30lb range. Even my smallest tent weights more then this hammock, so I'm not concerned.

I'm actually looking forward to the oversize of the deluxe. I'm thinking (will see when I get it) that the extra material will wrap me nicely and with a couple velcro dots holding the material in place.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Straps
    Images
    I don't know what the mosquito (or other flying and biting insect) situation is up there in Canada, but I know here in Texas, a bug net was extremely important. The mosquitoes can get at you THROUGH the hammock.

So, if mosquitoes are a problem, get a bug net.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Poly
    Insulation
    Winter fat
    I don't know what the mosquito (or other flying and biting insect) situation is up there in Canada, but I know here in Texas, a bug net was extremely important. The mosquitoes can get at you THROUGH the hammock.

During the early summer, these are an issue as well (black flies in the spring, mosquitoes early summer to mid).
    I will 99% of the time be sleeping in my hiking sleeping bag. Although there isn't much material in it, that and the hammock should be enough.

I also tend to do most of my off the beaten path camping during September and October when there are no bugs. October can be sketchy though as I've woken up in snow once or twice with a tent and sleeping bag rated for summer only.

I suspect I'll be making a top enclosure bug net for this hammock once I get use to it.
    Lucky for us, no poisonness insects this far north. Apparently we have French River rattle snakes here, but I have yet to see one.

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Things I did to mine that I love:

- Removed entire ENO suspension, replaced with whoopie slings.

- Removed stuff sack, cut off straps/buckle, put a grommet in the bottom to turn it into a bishop bag.

- Added an adjustable ridgeline
    My hammocks are GTs not ENOs, but this is what I did to both of them.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

I really don't want to hi-jack this thread but as someone and a newbie interested in the ENO I must ask:

So, I'm a newbie (in San Antonio) and your statement touching on something I've been wondering as I ponder what hammock to buy as my first. I see the ENO's netting hangs below the hammock and zips up under it. I've been thinking (and this is coming from NO Hammock experience) that this method would prevent mosquitoes from biting your backside as you sleep on warm summer nights when you don't have an under pad... as compared to hammocks that have build in netting on the top. I'm I correct in my assumption that this is better?
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew2000tx View Post
    I really don't want to hi-jack this thread but as someone and a newbie interested in the ENO I must ask:

So, I'm a newbie (in San Antonio) and your statement touching on something I've been wondering as I ponder what hammock to buy as my first. I see the ENO's netting hangs below the hammock and zips up under it. I've been thinking (and this is coming from NO Hammock experience) that this method would prevent mosquitoes from biting your backside as you sleep on warm summer nights when you don't have an under pad... as compared to hammocks that have build in netting on the top. I'm I correct in my assumption that this is better?
    From my own experience - the mosquitoes can get at you through the hammock. So, yeah. The way the ENO bug net hangs is for maximum protection.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/Diy TQ
    Suspension
    MSH/Straps

ENO DN Deluxe Must Do Mods?

I did what everyone else has mentioned to my doublenest, but I also added knotty mods to head and foot ends. Keeps my top quilt and anything else from sliding out.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    From my own experience - the mosquitoes can get at you through the hammock. So, yeah. The way the ENO bug net hangs is for maximum protection.
    That is what I was thinking so I just bought the ENO BN because I liked how it hung low below the hammock.
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Hammock
    Eno
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Air pad &amp; UQ
    Suspension
    JRB nylon straps
    I also removed the stock binders and ropes. I went with Jacks r Better straps and buckles. The new straps and buckles are much lighter then stock. I left the stuff sack and removed the compression strap to save a little weight, because it really didn't make much of a difference for me.

Images
    I have an ENO Doublenest I take with me on dayhikes. The only change I made was the whoopie slings. I added an adjustable ridgeline but didn't like it on a day hike hammock because it just gets in your way. So I removed the ridgeline.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast