Sweet, I'm in!
It would be better to park in an active camp/park area though. I usually park at Tejas and do the hike, but there is another remote trailhead not on the maps that is also pretty good spot to park and hike in; from this spot Cedar is only 30 minutes and Sawyer is about 5 miles.

Most of the camps/parks have attendants, the overlook doesn't and has lots of everyday traffic. The remote access is not attended but very few drive by's...

Either route works well, the North side is a little easier as it is flatter, but none of the trail is very difficult.

The primitive camps have fire rings and some have picnic tables; some also have a privy. No reservations are necessary for the primitive sites but it is required to let an attendant know you are there. But not many people do this really.

There are a few very nice stealth spots along this loop and a great cliff jumping spot; the water may be a little low for that though...

I usually start at Tejas, spend the first night in Sawyer or Cedar, then head around to Walnut for second night (or hike on in to Tejas), then head to Tejas on Sunday morning. Very easy to do, even if your fitness level is a weak 3K.

The crappie and white bass will still be good around this time; so if you have a pole to pack I would.