Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Friendly forums:

for canoeing...canoetripping dot net http://www.canoetripping.net/forums/forum.php A lot of folks moved there from solotripping dot net when that forum went down.

and...Canadian Canoe Routes...myccr dot com http://www.myccr.com/phpbbforum

for Algonquin Park users, hikers, canoeists, campers, fishermen,etc....the forum of the Algonquin Backcountry Recreationalists is called Algonquin Adventures...http://www.algonquinadventures.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Dorthy from the Wizard Of Oz says it best "Theirs no place like home, theirs no place like home"
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    This is my only backpacking forum!

Cheers

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I might have to bite the bullet and pay the $10. Anyway, to answer the op ?, I spend sometime on white blazes, bushcraft USA, and I've subscribed to a couple of cool YouTube channels. But, I like hf the most by far, and I'm not even a donating member yet.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    I got started on (and am quite surprised no one else has recommended them)Backpacking Lightweight(TLB) and was very active and learned so much from them.

At the same time I soon found BPL and was a paying member for a year or so..and it really helped with the discovery of U.L. and S.U.L hiking..but I found them to have an elitist attitude, and at the time Ryan Jordan and the gang were very proud of their stuff in the store...didn't stop me from buying some if it though. But then again they were the only ones offering U.L items.

I was a founding member of Practical backpacking, (commandeered by Jason Klass from TLB) I even went hiking with and have had several conversations with Reality in the past. But after 2 years of being micro managed that soon ended.

Then I took about a 1 1/2 sabbatical from forums all together (life got way out of control.)

Then I found this place..and have never really visited the others since then. The other forums get very boring discussing the same stuff and seeing the same type of posts..much like it does here at times. Heck I only check 4 sections of this forum because the rest I could care less about.

The only other forum that I am active on other then HF is NWHikers and thats because it is a area specific (INW) hiker forum.

YMMV
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345