Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Down UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Cinch

What is your favorite Backpacking Forum?

I love, love, love this forum and have learned so much. I wondered if any of you also have a favorite forum for Backpacking chit-chat? I found a lot when I did a Google search, but would appreciate hearing if you've found any of them to be as helpful as this site. Thanks

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    HammockForums is the winner, hands down!
    I came here from www.backpackinglight.com which is where I practically lived before discovering to HF. It is the only other backpacking site that I found both worthwhile and friendly.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lorac629 View Post
    I love, love, love this forum and have learned so much. I wondered if any of you also have a favorite forum for Backpacking chit-chat? I found a lot when I did a Google search, but would appreciate hearing if you've found any of them to be as helpful as this site. Thanks
    Chip in the $10 for donating member status and a whole world of adjunct backpacking (non_hammock related) becomes available. All with the good nature of the hammock forums. That's my suggestion.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WBSF, WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Yeti, Mamba
    Suspension
    W.Slings, Adj.Web
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Chip in the $10 for donating member status and a whole world of adjunct backpacking (non_hammock related) becomes available. All with the good nature of the hammock forums. That's my suggestion.
    I'll second (or third?) this... I've lurked on whiteblaze and backpackinglight but I've found the members here to be awesome. Granted, I didn't know about the donating members section when I donated.
    Insanity Happens...

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Here of course. This is the friendliest place to be that fits my way of being in the outside world. Becoming a donating member opens up extra forums for you including backpacking and all of the extras one would want to learn about.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Here @ HF, you are not a donating member and are missing out on a lot of info that is available. And if this thread stays towards backpacking, it too, will go to the donating members section, I think......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    Here @ HF, you are not a donating member and are missing out on a lot of info that is available. And if this thread stays towards backpacking, it too, will go to the donating members section, I think......RR
    You are correct. This thread will more than likely become a Donating Member only thread. That doesn't happen at Backpackinglight and never will. The archives at BPL have all the info that is found here. BPL has a broad spectrum of info available to all viewers. They are the "primo" backpacking site. Hammock Forums is the "primo" hammock camping forum.
    Fancee Feest = preferred alcohol stove of "informed backpackers"

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks cuben
    Insulation
    WB, JRB, or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I came over from practicalbackpacking.com. I find it to be an awesome resource for light/ultralight backpacking. Started digging around their hammock thread, sparked my curiosity about hanging and discovered this forum. Soon after coming over here I sold my ground setup (tarp & pad) and only hang now. Great backpacking-specific info here but I still head over there from time to time to see what hot topics are being discussed and to get the perspective of a different crowd.

Jay

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Stovemandan View Post
    You are correct. This thread will more than likely become a Donating Member only thread.
    I don't see that as being a wise move on the part of the Moderators. This thread brings up aspects of being a Donating Member that non-Donating Members seldom see, know of, think of or read about. It has already inspired at least one person(Lorac) to become one, that might not have happened otherwise, if the thread had been moved before he saw it.

Heck, I've been visiting this site for over 2 years and wasn't aware of the benefits discussed so far. There's a hidden backpacking forum? I may have to become a Donating Member myself !
    Last edited by trailryder42; 02-17-2013 at 12:05.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3/SSniveller
    Suspension
    Tri-Glide Set

Unleash the beast

Quote Originally Posted by trailryder42 View Post
    I don't see that as being a wise move on the part of the Moderators. This thread brings up aspects of being a Donating Member that non-Donating Members seldom see, know of, think of or read about. It has already inspired at least one person(Lorac) to become one, that might not have happened otherwise, if the thread had been moved before he saw it.

Heck, I've been visiting this site for over 2 years and wasn't aware of the benefits discussed so far. There's a hidden backpacking forum? I may have to become a Donating Member myself !
    I agree. If it weren't for this thread, I would have no knowledge of the Secret Knot Club.
    Still shakin' it Boss, still shakin' it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast