Tarp
    Hawk Tarp™
    Insulation
    Condor Quilts™
    Suspension
    BTS & Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I posted on your other thread, but I'll repeat here. This system is very interesting, and I don't think the components are overpriced. I'd like to see a review of the full setup (including quilts and tarp) by a HF member such as Grizzly Adams. (Hi, Grizz! ) Of particular interest to me are the function of the adjustable end loop (pulling out the center), the suspension of the underquilt, and the size and drape of the top quilt.

We need a term like "gram weenie" to identify people (like me) who see function and efficiency as paramount values in hammocks and hiking gear in general. It's too easy to jump on the ultralight bandwagon. Especially in winter, going ultralight can put you in harm's way.

I know someone will point out that I was an early experimenter with cuben, but all my experiments have been aimed at seeing whether the weight savings with cuben are justified when function is evaluated. (Happily, the answer seems to be "yes.")

Len, carry on. Function rules.
    Thanks Again and Grizzly Adams, if you see this post, I would be honored if you would review The Raptor Sleep-System.
    Len
    VersaShelter, inc. -- LIMITED TIME OFFER!> Raptor Sleep-Shelter.
    http://www.versashelter.com * Visit us on Facebook * Follow us on Twitter * Email Us

Hammock
    Falcon Hammock™
    Tarp
    Hawk Tarp™
    Insulation
    Condor Quilts™
    Suspension
    BTS & Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Good luck with your new venture! I think you have some very interesting ideas!
    Thank you kindly, I appreciate it.
    Len
    VersaShelter, inc. -- LIMITED TIME OFFER!> Raptor Sleep-Shelter.
    http://www.versashelter.com * Visit us on Facebook * Follow us on Twitter * Email Us

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivalen View Post
    Thanks Again and Grizzly Adams, if you see this post, I would be honored if you would review The Raptor Sleep-System.
    Len
    Thanks for the shout-out WV. I will be happy to review this system, given the time to fit it in with {work,travel,family,scouts,other projects}
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Thanks for the shout-out WV. I will be happy to review this system, given the time to fit it in with {work,travel,family,scouts,other projects}
    That's okay. We're patient. ... Well, a few of us are.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Something I don't know that I've seen addressed (and if I've missed it, please correct me) is storage solutions: double ended stuff sack, bishop bag, snake skins, or otherwise, I'd like to see what kind of stock storage comes with the base product and the individual components.

Thanks.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Hopefully you can make the Smoked Butt Hang in April and bring some of your toys to show off.

Best of luck on your venture.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Personally, I'm not a fan of the "Swiss-Army-Knife" approach to hammocks. However, your system seems well thought out and I'm sure will attract fans. Good luck in your venture.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I posted on your other thread, but I'll repeat here. This system is very interesting, and I don't think the components are overpriced. I'd like to see a review of the full setup (including quilts and tarp) by a HF member such as Grizzly Adams. (Hi, Grizz! ) Of particular interest to me are the function of the adjustable end loop (pulling out the center), the suspension of the underquilt, and the size and drape of the top quilt.

We need a term like "gram weenie" to identify people (like me) who see function and efficiency as paramount values in hammocks and hiking gear in general. It's too easy to jump on the ultralight bandwagon. Especially in winter, going ultralight can put you in harm's way.

I know someone will point out that I was an early experimenter with cuben, but all my experiments have been aimed at seeing whether the weight savings with cuben are justified when function is evaluated. (Happily, the answer seems to be "yes.")

Len, carry on. Function rules.
    Excellent point WV----------ultralite is great, but if it leaves you cold and wet, or on the ground, whats the point? A light pack is wonderful, but the gear has to work!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Looks like an interesting set up. It did however seem a bit tedious to set up. Cant wait to see some reviews on it

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BackPackHiker View Post
    Looks like an interesting set up. It did however seem a bit tedious to set up. Cant wait to see some reviews on it
    It's probably more complicated to do show-and-tell with than some hammocks, and that's what we were seeing in the video. I'd guess you configure it at home so setup on the trail is pretty straightforward. Then minor changes to suit local weather are possible, but not always necessary.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast