Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Just down the road from me according to their address. Wish the pictures on the web site were better. I know a great place to test those hammocks. Best of luck
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    SwithcBack
    Tarp
    Edge or TrailStar
    Insulation
    quilts and pads
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Images

KickStarter is good

VersaShelter takes away lots of the complexities of building a hammock rig. So I salute to It and wish You luck!

Personally I do not like omni-tape or any other kind of stick systems. They ad weight, are noisy, stick ones clothes and make packing the product harder because they are rigid. This is the reason I have never bought a Jacksr'Better products, too much omni-tape. Maybe it is my loss... Who knows.

Other thing I did wonder is the wording: "Standard gathered end hammocks typically cause shoulder squeeze and sag excessively in the center, while spreader bar hammocks have less sag and shoulder squeeze, they are prone to flip over easily. A Falcon Hammock™ is different because of it's patent pending design."

This seems a bit too bold for me. I do not see anything other than ordinary hammock in those images.

But as I said My Salute to You and I hope success to Your project. There is a need for Hammock system that is very easy for a new hammocker to set up just right. With this system the UQ is always spot on and as the product page says, one can buy new components when needed after using the hammock first and testing that way what is needed.

And KickStarter works! I'm eagerly waiting the Alpine hammock beta testing results and the final product design to emerge. And after that I will get mine.

Images
    Looks sweet. Hope to see your business evolve (and my wallet decrease).

Hammock
    WBRR & WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom Old Man Win
    Insulation
    My fat butt
    Suspension
    My kids
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Wish the pictures on the web site were better
    I went to the Store tab on the website to see the products and the prices *Shocked Face*

The best of luck with your new business Survivalen

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lubbockhammockguy View Post
    I went to the Store tab on the website to see the products and the prices *Shocked Face*
    Frankly, I don't know how the cottage guys stay afloat at the prices they charge. Factor in labor costs----all I can say is that these folks are a lot more
    efficient at their gear making than I am! That's one excellent reason I'm hanging on to my day job and not launching Grizz Hammock Engineering, LTD.

All of which is to say, to make a modular system such as is offered here, means, I suspect, rather higher labor costs than more streamlined hammocks.

Whether higher labor costs are a factor or not, in the end the market will decide whether there are enough consumers interested enough in the modularity to pay a higher price for it.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    Falcon Hammock™
    Tarp
    Hawk Tarp™
    Insulation
    Condor Quilts™
    Suspension
    BTS & Whoopies
    Images

My Reply To The Members

Hello again to all Hammock Forum members and guests,

Thank you for all of your comments on this thread. I sincerely appreciate the knowledge I've gained from this forum. The collective wisdom and experience of the Hammock Forums members and guests were my inspiration for the Raptor Sleep-Shelter. I knew at the beginning of my journey that my trust and integrity would have to be earned over time and not gained by mere words alone.

I will do my best to briefly respond to each comment starting with sargevining.
    An update is in the works regarding the specifications.
    Yes, there will be other package options and discounts for Hammock Forums members.
    I made the hat myself but, I must say, I think Shug looks more distinguished in his.

To Busky2 .
    OUCH! I'll take that one for “The Gipper.”

To Funny Money .
    Thank You!
    I agree 100%, the pictures leave much to be desired... I will fix them A.S.A.P.

To BrianWillan .
    Thank You!
    Because you said “looks a lot like the DangerBird from Dream Hammock “ leads me to believe that I did a poor job in describing the major differences in the Raptor Sleep-Shelter. I think Mr. Smith has a fine line of products and does an outstanding job! Therefore, I will put together some pictures and possibly a short video to further explain why I claim, “It's the only system of it's kind that you configure your way”

To HURTHEART .
    Thank You!
    Yes to all of your questions except being Bonded... I am interested and willing to speak with anyone pertaining to venture capitol.

To Gresh .
    Thank You!
    I have decided to make available to the Hammock Forums community a few Falcon Hammocks and various Fabric Panels, Modules and accessories for testing and review. I would be grateful for any assistance in how to go about this.

To angrysparrow .
    Thank You!
    Glad you like the concept, I hope in the next several days I will be successful in better describing the unique differences this system has to offer.

To Fish<>< .
    Thank you for the warm welcome... I do have plans to make different materials available. The design of the Raptor Sleep-Shelter makes this easily possible.

To gunner76 .
    Thank You!
    Howdy neighbor! Yes, the pictures must be replaced. I am all ears about the testing and would appreciate any support.

To voivalin .
    Thank You!
    I agree with you not liking Omni-Tape or any other kind of stick systems to a point...But, when combined with a zipper such as my Zip-Stick Rails, I think you may be pleasantly surprised. I will make available more details on this in the next several days. I will also address the unique differences in the Falcon Hammock as well.

To fallkniven .
    Thank You!

To lubbockhammockguy .
    Thank You! I know, the prices are a concern and it has increasingly become more difficult to compete with China. I promise to make them as low as possible and will be offering the Hammock Forums members a significant discount. Unfortunately that's the price we pay for MADE IN AMERICA.

And last but nut not least, GrizzlyAdams .
    Thank You! I agree with everything you said in your comment. I may have rocks in my head for attempting this but, it's in my nature. I will give it my best shot and then, a little more.

Thank you again for your support.
    Sincerely,
    Len Gioglio
    VersaShelter, inc. -- LIMITED TIME OFFER!> Raptor Sleep-Shelter.
    http://www.versashelter.com * Visit us on Facebook * Follow us on Twitter * Email Us

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Good luck with your new venture! I think you have some very interesting ideas!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer UL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/JCP TQ
    Suspension
    WS/MSH
    Images
    Wow! I am very impressed with the way you respond to questions and criticisms. I look forward to hearing more about your product. there aren't a lot of people with your type of class when makibg responses!

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I posted on your other thread, but I'll repeat here. This system is very interesting, and I don't think the components are overpriced. I'd like to see a review of the full setup (including quilts and tarp) by a HF member such as Grizzly Adams. (Hi, Grizz! ) Of particular interest to me are the function of the adjustable end loop (pulling out the center), the suspension of the underquilt, and the size and drape of the top quilt.

We need a term like "gram weenie" to identify people (like me) who see function and efficiency as paramount values in hammocks and hiking gear in general. It's too easy to jump on the ultralight bandwagon. Especially in winter, going ultralight can put you in harm's way.

I know someone will point out that I was an early experimenter with cuben, but all my experiments have been aimed at seeing whether the weight savings with cuben are justified when function is evaluated. (Happily, the answer seems to be "yes.")

Len, carry on. Function rules.
    Last edited by WV; 02-23-2013 at 15:35.

Hammock
    Falcon Hammock™
    Tarp
    Hawk Tarp™
    Insulation
    Condor Quilts™
    Suspension
    BTS &amp; Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl-maker View Post
    Wow! I am very impressed with the way you respond to questions and criticisms. I look forward to hearing more about your product. there aren't a lot of people with your type of class when makibg responses!
    I love to learn and I love to share...Thank You
    Len
    VersaShelter, inc. -- LIMITED TIME OFFER!> Raptor Sleep-Shelter.
    http://www.versashelter.com * Visit us on Facebook * Follow us on Twitter * Email Us

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast