Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,289
    Images
    295

    middle tenn spring hangout may 10,11,12

    I know this is early for posting this hangout,but this will give people plenty of time to plan ahead.it will be warmer than the winter hangout for sure.plus kayaking is great,plus some people go on the wine tours also near by so their is something for everone.neo
    the matrix has you

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Collierville, Tn
    Hammock
    LOTS
    Tarp
    Too many
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies!!!!
    Posts
    352
    I'm going to be a maybe on this one. There is a bicycle ride I was planning on doing that weekend.

  3. #3
    Rain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Modified HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MacCat or OMW
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,386
    Images
    7

    Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe nearby

    I hope to make this one, but will confirm later. Will there be kayaking?

    In the meantime, let me throw out this possibility of a nearby restaurant I saw on "Tennessee Crossroads" about a week or two ago--

    Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe
    3419 Fly Rd Santa Fe, TN 38482
    (931) 682-0040

    I like finding and visiting out-of-the-way places like this, when a chance presents itself. I don't know much more about the place, nor the hours. It seems they do not accept credit/debit cards.

    Anyway, just an idea for those of similar ilk.

    Rain Man

    .
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods
    .

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    I hope to make this one, but will confirm later. Will there be kayaking?

    In the meantime, let me throw out this possibility of a nearby restaurant I saw on "Tennessee Crossroads" about a week or two ago--

    Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe
    3419 Fly Rd Santa Fe, TN 38482
    (931) 682-0040

    I like finding and visiting out-of-the-way places like this, when a chance presents itself. I don't know much more about the place, nor the hours. It seems they do not accept credit/debit cards.

    Anyway, just an idea for those of similar ilk.

    Rain Man

    .
    no time for that since we eat breakfast at Davy Crockett state park and have the big meal that evening. You might get people to go Friday night
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

    There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

  5. #5
    Just for information, Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe is about 3 miles off the Natchez Trace at the highway 7 (Dickson / Columbia) exit. So anyone coming down the Trace from Nashville would not have much trouble to stop by and sample it. tnhillbilly
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the
    way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes
    the difference.' Edna Ellison

  6. #6
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,289
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhillbilly View Post
    Just for information, Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe is about 3 miles off the Natchez Trace at the highway 7 (Dickson / Columbia) exit. So anyone coming down the Trace from Nashville would not have much trouble to stop by and sample it. tnhillbilly
    I am planning on stopping there.I love Cajun food neo
    the matrix has you

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    I know this is early for posting this hangout,but this will give people plenty of time to plan ahead.it will be warmer than the winter hangout for sure.plus kayaking is great,plus some people go on the wine tours also near by so their is something for everone.neo
    Hamhocker and I have been on the wine tours down there before.
    There is the Amber Falls Winery, Keg Springs Winery and Natchez Hills Vineyard. They are all close to each other also which makes it nice.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

    There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

  8. #8
    Rockdawg69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Central TN, Southeast GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl & TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Posts
    1,173
    Hey Neo,

    Where are you planning for this to happen? Wherefore art thou going????
    Rockdawg69

    Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

  9. #9
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,289
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Hey Neo,

    Where are you planning for this to happen? Wherefore art thou going????
    merriwether lewis campground on the nachez trace parkway
    same as alwaysneo
    the matrix has you

  10. #10
    Rockdawg69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Central TN, Southeast GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl & TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    merriwether lewis campground on the nachez trace parkway
    same as alwaysneo

    Okay. Bringing the canoe and a dutch oven.
    Rockdawg69

    Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 16:37
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 09:22
  3. 5th mid tenn spring hangout trip report
    By neo in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 15:54
  4. "mid tenn.2nd spring hangout"
    By neo in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 19:21
  5. the mid tenn hangout was a blast
    By neo in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 12:59

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •