Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 412
  1. #101
    Member le_butters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    HH ultralight
    Tarp
    stock (looking)
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    67

    Re: Hoosier Hang 2013??

    Very cool. Thank you salamander!

  2. #102
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    BTown, Indiana
    Posts
    2
    Mule, when was the video shot? This past weekend?

  3. #103
    pegleg56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    DIY Speer type
    Tarp
    DIY 10 x 12
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    110

    2013 Hoosier Hang

    Looks like I'll be there again this year. Know the area well, and looking forward to seeing familiar faces (even yours Mule ).
    I'm so out of shape ......I passed gas yesterday and pulled a muscle!

  4. #104
    bonsaihiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky (Greater Cincinnati)
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,152
    Images
    15
    Please see my questions about wilderness area group size on the poll thread.
    --Scott <><

    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

  5. #105
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoop/Dutch
    Posts
    3,887
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Please see my questions about wilderness area group size on the poll thread.
    Any way we can get around this?

    US Forest Service
    Brownstown Ranger District
    811 Constitution Avenue
    Bedford, IN 47421
    Phone: 812-275-5987
    Hoosier National Forest website



    WILDERNESS ETIQUETTE AND REGULATIONS
    All saddle, pack, or draft animals must be kept on trails posted or otherwise designated for horse use. Trails authorized for horse use are marked by brown plastic posts with a decal depicting a horseback rider. Other areas are closed to horse use, but hiking is allowed anywhere within the area. (See map on reverse for trail system).
    Trail Use Permits are required for riding a horse on the Hoosier N. F. Permits may be purchased as annual permits ($35/year) or day-use tags ($5/day) from Hoosier N.F. offices and some local stores. A tag is required for each adult rider. Horseback riders 16 years of age and younger are exempt from the permit requirement. A permit tag is not required for foals without a rider or pack stock. Annual permits must be signed.
    Camping is prohibited within 100 yards of Tower Ridge Road between Highway 446 and the junction of Hickory Ridge Road (1500 W) and Maumee Road (1150 N). Note: Camping is still permitted within Blackwell Horse Camp.
    Camping within 100 feet of ponds, lakes, trails, or streams is allowed only on designated sites. Walk-in camping throughout the rest of the wilderness area is not restricted.
    Parking is allowed along Tower Ridge Road in only three locations: Blackwell Horse Camp, Grubb Ridge Trailhead, and the Hickory Ridge Fire Tower.
    Use of wheeled vehicles, including carts, wagons, or bicycles, is prohibited within the wilderness area.
    Campsites must be occupied the first night, and may not be left unattended for more than 24 hours without permission. Camping is limited to 14 days.
    The only food or beverage containers permitted within the Wilderness are those intended for reuse or burnable packaging. Spray paint is not allowed in the Wilderness. Cans and glass bottles are not allowed. If you packed it in, pack it back out. Never bury garbage.
    Hunting is permitted in the Wilderness. Target shooting or practicing is not allowed.
    Stock may not be tied within reach of any living tree.
    Group size is limited to 10 persons or less.



    Now that I think about this,,we are not hiking in as a group,,just meeting in the woods,,,and your definitely not going to run into a Ranger back in the woods. Besides,,they have been sequestered.
    Last edited by Acer; 03-20-2013 at 20:37.

  6. #106
    Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,356
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Any way we can get around this?

    US Forest Service
    Brownstown Ranger District
    811 Constitution Avenue
    Bedford, IN 47421
    Phone: 812-275-5987
    Hoosier National Forest website



    WILDERNESS ETIQUETTE AND REGULATIONS
    All saddle, pack, or draft animals must be kept on trails posted or otherwise designated for horse use. Trails authorized for horse use are marked by brown plastic posts with a decal depicting a horseback rider. Other areas are closed to horse use, but hiking is allowed anywhere within the area. (See map on reverse for trail system).
    Trail Use Permits are required for riding a horse on the Hoosier N. F. Permits may be purchased as annual permits ($35/year) or day-use tags ($5/day) from Hoosier N.F. offices and some local stores. A tag is required for each adult rider. Horseback riders 16 years of age and younger are exempt from the permit requirement. A permit tag is not required for foals without a rider or pack stock. Annual permits must be signed.
    Camping is prohibited within 100 yards of Tower Ridge Road between Highway 446 and the junction of Hickory Ridge Road (1500 W) and Maumee Road (1150 N). Note: Camping is still permitted within Blackwell Horse Camp.
    Camping within 100 feet of ponds, lakes, trails, or streams is allowed only on designated sites. Walk-in camping throughout the rest of the wilderness area is not restricted.
    Parking is allowed along Tower Ridge Road in only three locations: Blackwell Horse Camp, Grubb Ridge Trailhead, and the Hickory Ridge Fire Tower.
    Use of wheeled vehicles, including carts, wagons, or bicycles, is prohibited within the wilderness area.
    Campsites must be occupied the first night, and may not be left unattended for more than 24 hours without permission. Camping is limited to 14 days.
    The only food or beverage containers permitted within the Wilderness are those intended for reuse or burnable packaging. Spray paint is not allowed in the Wilderness. Cans and glass bottles are not allowed. If you packed it in, pack it back out. Never bury garbage.
    Hunting is permitted in the Wilderness. Target shooting or practicing is not allowed.
    Stock may not be tied within reach of any living tree.
    Group size is limited to 10 persons or less.



    Now that I think about this,,we are not hiking in as a group,,just meeting in the woods,,,and your definitely not going to run into a Ranger back in the woods. Besides,,they have been sequestered.
    I thought we would make 2 or 3 groups and if asked we could state what group we are with.
    You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
    Buddha.

  7. #107
    Acer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern Indiana Wooded Hills
    Hammock
    WBRR, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoop/Dutch
    Posts
    3,887
    Images
    19
    You have hung before as a large group at the Terrel Pond before as well.

  8. #108
    Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,356
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    You have hung before as a large group at the Terrel Pond before as well.
    This is certainly true.
    You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
    Buddha.

  9. #109
    Senior Member d-p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com
    Posts
    195

    HH Attndeezz

    Hangerz
    ls there a list of those who are plannlng to Hoosier Hang?
    dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

  10. #110
    Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,356
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikernate View Post
    I might be able to be persuaded to attend. just relocated to Indiana from TX.
    I'm persuading, are you going to make it? We hope you do.
    You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
    Buddha.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 147
    Last Post: 01-15-2015, 15:06
  2. Hoosier Halloween Hang 2013
    By rcam1977 in forum Midwest
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 00:20
  3. Hoosier Hang 2013 Trip Report
    By Mule in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 06:57
  4. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 18:31
  5. Hoosier Hang 2013
    By Jaredtk in forum Northeast
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 11:43

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •