Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very nice mods.

I especially like the zipper idea, ingenious! Another possible savings would be to get rid of the metal zipper slider tab and just splice a piece of dynaglide in it's place. I have this on my Darien UL and haven't had a issue so far.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    All HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchHook

Video: BIAS WWM Updates & Bugnet

Well I've been using my 20F Incubator UQ which is full length and completely covers the underside of me and most of the hammock material. I recently got a 40F Phoenix for summer, which leaves my calves right against the hammock material but when I'm sleeping my feet will be in the foot box of my TQ/sleeping bag. I'll also bring a piece of reflectix for under my feet so that'll protect me too. The real test will be Algonquin this summer, the bugs up there drink Deet for breakfast.
    That's a good idea CrankyBear! That's getting into counting micrograms, I like it!

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Toggles
    I'm thinking this is a must do.
    There are two rules for success:
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    We've made and shipped a few custom integrated net hammocks (actually, Shane made them and they were nice!). Shane actually uses one which is based on a Woodland Camo Camper hammock. We really like them, but there's an increase in time to make them and, of course, they're not "convertibles" meaning you can't take the top down. More time means more expense. With our schedules, "real" jobs and families and steady orders, we haven't jumped into the integrated system yet. That said, I think there's value in it and TheBrewGuy did a fabulous job with his.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    All HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchHook
    Thanks Brian, it makes me very happy to know you approve of my modifications to one of your babies. I actually contemplated asking you to do this for me when I ordered it, since you had just started making the Nano Fronkey style nets. But I'm glad I did it myself, it was a good learning experience and like all DIY gear it will give me a sense of pride when I'm using it out on the trail. Here is the other video I compiled of my longer explanation of how I did it:

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl,DIY 11 footer
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    phoenix 20F
    Suspension
    webbing&dutchware
    Really good vid thanks.
    You seem to have a talent for modding your gear.

cheers,
    Simon

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    How is the netting sewn at the ends were the suspension is?

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    All HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchHook
    Thanks Simon. I like tweaking .

KMack, you can see a close up of it in the second video. I just sewed it as close as I could to the gathered channel (leaving the continuous loop on to gather the end helps to know where to stop). Then I sewed the edges of the netting together and stuffed the extra down into the hole to plug it up. Its pretty well closed, and only the squirelly-est bugs could get in. On the head end my stuff sack sits over the end and helps to give it some extra protection too. Leaving it open like this also allows you to change suspension & ridgeline if you wanted.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Don't mean to resurface an old thread, but I just received a WWM this passed weekend and I have been tweaking things around. Great video and you have bumped a lot of ideas in my head, thanks.

I have a Big Daddy Tarp, I believe the 132" RL - which should be just enough coverage if I have my ridge line at < or = 11ft.....but knowing how great you all area, something in my mind needs to ask you so I can be at ease...

Think I will be okay with the Big Daddy tarp?
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    Don't mean to resurface an old thread, but I just received a WWM this passed weekend and I have been tweaking things around. Great video and you have bumped a lot of ideas in my head, thanks.

I have a Big Daddy Tarp, I believe the 132" RL - which should be just enough coverage if I have my ridge line at < or = 11ft.....but knowing how great you all area, something in my mind needs to ask you so I can be at ease...

Think I will be okay with the Big Daddy tarp?
    As far as I know, pretty much all the BIAS hammocks are 11ft, but with a 9 foot ridge line.

So if your Big Daddy has a 132" ridge line, You should have plenty of coverage on each end of the hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12