Well, I've been using grandma's old singer again and this is what I came up with. 1.1 ripstop. 11'x63". I tried something a bit different on the sides. I love my knotty mods on all my hammocks, but I found that once I set them I never messed with them again and from time to time the cord locks would get in my way..... So, I just sewed the shock cord into the rolled hem. It seems to be working perfectly, but I'll have to wait and see how it holds up over time. I was a little worried about using the dwr fabric, but it's actually nice and soft, and very comfy. It was very windy out, so I stuck the kid in there to hold it in place for the pics (then I couldn't get him out).
I think I'll call this one "Safety First"
(Thanks CampWalker and Spaceweaseal for all your support)