Getting out of hammock

I'm new to hammocks and I just got the Bear Butt double hammock. I have it set it up indoors on eye screws, still dialing in the hang, but I am having issues with getting out of the hammock. I know sounds kinda funny but I feel like a turtle trying to get out so I need suggestions or videos on how to. Also, side question is I got cold butt syndrome inside and need a way to stay toasting even when ac on.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    underquilt for warmth

if you're inside you could simply use a wool blanket inside the hammock and sleep on it

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Check out the Shug YouTube channel for dozens of hammock related videos on bottom insulation and you can see him in action getting in and out as well.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    If the hammock is too low. place feet on ground and walk backwards until you can stand up.

A UQ may be needed even inside your house.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    If you have a hammock ridgeline, made of 7/64 amsteel or 1/8 amsteel, you can use it to pull yourself into a sitting position while kicking your feet over the side edge. Keep one hand gripping hammock ridgeline and the other hand can push down on hammock near where you are seated.
    If your hammock is too high to try walk backwards method-you might be high enough to be standing when you slip out of your hammock.
    You will develop your favorite way of exiting--some of us start to get up and lay back in hammock to think about it awhile.
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You folks are awesome, thanks! And I've watched a lot of shugs videos and guess I never really paid attention to him getting out of one.

Oh and I did that earlier, tried to get up and thought "I'm just gonna lay here a bit longer"

Hammock
    Sparrow (DH)
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Getting out of hammock

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox009 View Post
    You folks are awesome, thanks! And I've watched a lot of shugs videos and guess I never really paid attention to him getting out of one.

Oh and I did that earlier, tried to get up and thought "I'm just gonna lay here a bit longer"

Kind-of had the same problem but I solved it. I had an ENO double nest and it had to much stretch for a guy just under 250, it was tough to get out of but still comfortable to chill in. I felt like it was a struggle every time I had to get out of that thing. I ordered a double "layer" DH Sparrow and those days are over. No problem getting out! Maybe your hammock is just to stretchy for your size.
    Rick...

That could be part of the issue but the thing is so darn comfy to lay in, but eventually I plan on trying some other hammock options.

Hammock
    SLD - Trail Lair, 90 degree Gamma
    Tarp
    Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Anything Down
    Suspension
    Good stiff rope
    Images
    Set up the hammock a little higher. In terms of warmth, getting the right gear is everything. You truly get what you pay for, so don't skimp on the insulation. When you're warm and comfortable, you will enjoy yourself. If your uncomfortable and/or cold, camping sucks. Practice at home if possible and get your rig dialed in.

Have fun our there.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    If you're willing to test the DIY waters, the Gemini Quilt system is a very easy project and give you both a top quilt and under quilt which pair very nice for indoor use. (But still perfectly good for outdoor as well.)

The GEMINI Underquilt: $65 DIY, No-Sew, All-Season, Down, Convertible

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

• + New Posts