Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    Very cool video, Melissa! Thank you
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-Seeum
    Tarp
    Aqua Quest
    Insulation
    CCF, Alpine 45 bag
    Suspension
    Webbing

Ok, gotta' go see for myself...

Good evening,
    I went on this trip via all your posts and had a blast, I can only imagine what it was really like! Is the LWRSF open year round to getting out there and "hamping" (my term for hammock camping)? I would like to go have a look see but not sure whom I need to contact, if anyone

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks to everyone for a great weekend, great food. The pictures and video were and additional plus. Looking forward to hearing about our next event.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophat View Post
    Good evening,
    I went on this trip via all your posts and had a blast, I can only imagine what it was really like! Is the LWRSF open year round to getting out there and "hamping" (my term for hammock camping)? I would like to go have a look see but not sure whom I need to contact, if anyone
    samsara is the forest manager there and can give you the contact # for hiking the forest.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Good evening,
    Here is the link to our web page. If you have questions give Jeanne a call. You can also send me a pm but Jeanne is your best first contact because she will be the one that will issue you special use permits and tell you if camp sites are already spoken for. Come on down and enjoy! (at $2/person/day it is a bargain)

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-Seeum
    Tarp
    Aqua Quest
    Insulation
    CCF, Alpine 45 bag
    Suspension
    Webbing

Thanks

Not gonna' hijack the post but THANK YOU samsara and olddog for the info. I visited the web page and yup, I'll get up with Jeanne after I get over this stupid head cold. Thanks guys.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    Not gonna' hijack the post but THANK YOU samsara and olddog for the info. I visited the web page and yup, I'll get up with Jeanne after I get over this stupid head cold. Thanks guys.
    I am assuming that you are the one that contacted Jeanne on Wednesday so you should have the map.

The trail (Paula Dockery Trail) along the creek east of the road is scenic and the "Creekside" campsite is where we did the Sherpa hang. The next one down is "Lakeside" and it is a nice small site right on the lake with some beautiful views (but sometimes you'll have an airboat drive by 100 feet away). Next, at the south end of the property, is "Hidden Hammock" and it is a nice open spot for a group but is the only one without water at the campsite. Coming up the west side of the trail is "Isabel Creek" campsite, which is probably the favorite of the bunch. A half mile north of that is "Grave Island" which boasts the best isolation and quiet.

Send me a pm when you are going to be down and if I'm free I might be able to hike with you for a bit if you are interested.

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    two sleeping bags
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    cant find the thread for this year's sherpa hang. Im guessing the thread is not up yet. If it is can someone please link me?

will you be camping in the same spot again? 2 miles to lug cooking gear? Can you explain how this differs from the Buck lake hang? How do you handle food and food cost?
    Last edited by nookis; 01-23-2014 at 05:38.

Hammock
    Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable web
    Quote Originally Posted by nookis View Post
    cant find the thread for this year's sherpa hang. Im guessing the thread is not up yet. If it is can someone please link me?

will you be camping in the same spot again? 2 miles to lug cooking gear? Can you explain how this differs from the Buck lake hang? How do you handle food and food cost?
    There was lots of talk at FH4 and many looking forward to the Sherpa Hang. I'm keeping an eye out for the thread myself! Don't want to miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by nookis View Post

nookis, keep your eye open, the new planning thread will likely be up soon.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345