Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images

Trip Report: FL>LWRSF>22-24 Feb 2013>2nd Annual Sherpa Hang

Since I'm back at the house for the night (bad back is keeping me closer to home but I'm still making trips out... when there is food ). It's already a wonderful time and we're just getting started. There's about 14 folks there and the food is on par with what we normally expect for a FL group hang. I'll let some of the first pictures do the talking...

The gang heading out, if it looks hot then the pictures are telling the truth. It was about 89 and not much breeze

Grinder is here in spirit and we miss him. It's just not the same without him

olddog eating his dinner with Florida woods chopsticks (palmetto stems)

shannan treated us to a delicious Thai dinner (Laap). It was cooked in a wok over the chimney starter that was heating the coals for the cobbler

And olddog making Paula Deen proud with his famous cobbler

Duffy and MightyMouse (I think) set up in some cutthroat grass

And some mountainman breakfast (I think they used 3-4 dozen eggs) with olddogs cheesy bacon grits on top

Scooby got the chance to finish off the last of the MM breakfast and grits (she had a little bit too much but enjoyed it nonetheless)

The gang all loaded up and ready to head out after another successful Sherpa hang!

For those wondering what that contraption is that is being loaded. It is called the trailmaster and, in addition to being able to haul lots of junk out into the woods, it can also haul handicapped people out into the woods if you so choose. It can get people out to see things that they may not otherwise have the opportunity for without it. It is like a combination of a wheelbarrow and a mountain bike (and is actually built by a bike shop in Canada). Neat stuff.

We'll have more when the weekend is through but I had to get things started. Sorry for those that couldn't make it.

Dave
    Last edited by samsara; 02-24-2013 at 12:21.
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

• + New Posts